Kɴᴜʀʟᴇᴅ rims. . .

Alessandor

On 15/03/2021 at 5:09 PM, Alessandor said:

...İnteresting ‽

https://www.highcube.org/rim-knurler

knurl+wc.jpg

This was tried years ago on the American forum. It didn't work as well as a grind because the edges weren't as rough as what you would get with a grind. It provides excellent hold but not so good bite.

EDIT: actually this might be the article from the past

Edited by Canardweb

1 hour ago, Canardweb said:

Questo è stato provato anni fa sul forum americano. Non ha funzionato bene come una molatura perché i bordi non erano ruvidi come quello che si otterrebbe con una molatura. Fornisce un'eccellente tenuta ma non una buona presa.

EDIT: in realtà questo potrebbe essere l'articolo del passato

OK (Y)

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the plazmatic rim coatings? Ha, that article is an awesome read

I always wanted to grind a rim and then have it re-annodized. Since the anodize is so hard it should make it last a lot longer, but I don't think it's thick enough to round to edges significantly. Any engineery thoughts?

Edited by cwtrials
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, cwtrials said:

I always wanted to grind a rim and then have it re-annodized. Since the anodize is so hard it should make it last a lot longer, but I don't think it's thick enough to round to edges significantly. Any engineery thoughts?

Interesting idea!

I think it would improve grind life but not proportional to the cost. Anodising still wears off rims pretty quickly - and that's with full surface area.

2 hours ago, cwtrials said:

Before anodizing the material will need an etching pretreatment, this may "dull'en" the grind.