Crypto/NFT

Davetrials

15 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Ok, so crypto sucks. Now £25 down. There goes my early retirement plan for this week!

Oh wow there goes my money, what caused this downturn?

Edit, oh it was Biden.

8 hours ago, JT! said:

Oh wow there goes my money, what caused this downturn?

Edit, oh it was Biden.

Less Biden by the sounds of it, and more the Fed/general Central banks raising rates, and financial markets doing what financial markets do. Crypto as a hedge isn't working while things appear more correlated, and general market fear is causing literally everything to drop.

Still, those discounts, if you think it'll come back again.

13 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Less Biden by the sounds of it, and more the Fed/general Central banks raising rates, and financial markets doing what financial markets do. Crypto as a hedge isn't working while things appear more correlated, and general market fear is causing literally everything to drop.

Still, those discounts, if you think it'll come back again.

If I wasn't saving for a house I'd throw some money in. Damn responsibilities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JT! said:

If I wasn't saving for a house I'd throw some money in. Damn responsibilities.

Yeah. I've put a bit in over the past 6 weeks or so, but not nearly so much as I would if I didn't have darn responsibilities :laugh:

Still, the bits I've been drip feeding in each time it drops have brought my average unit cost down pretty nicely, so despite ETH being down over 40% in that period, I'm only around 14% down in the same period, and that's not factoring in the fact I have been switching between currencies a bit to take advantage of differentials in movements, which should offset that a bit more too. Not playing with much money, but it's my new car fund so it'd be nice if it saw a bit of a recovery.

I put some in about a year ago..

I'm just leaving it alone now for the time being. :rolleyes: Not sure if I can be bothered trying to justify averaging down either now, but I suppose I should technically look into it more again.

Is anyone here accepting crypto payments for anything, or has been? I've been wondering about what would be the best way to go about that.

Edited by Topsy

On 1/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, isitafox said:

@MadManMikeHow's that affected you? You've got quite a bit of crypto haven't you? 

I've not looked in a while actually, I'll take a look in a bit (It's held on a few different sites with difficult ways to log in, quite an effort!).

I haven't got that much, at one point it hit $1000, then dropped to $400, I expect it's somewhere around $500 at the moment. I've withdrawn what I put in originally anyway, so I'm just holding a few coins in a hope that one of them goes to the moon... you never know :)