Brettoll

Garage Parts Build - Planet X

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Going through the garage and there’s enough parts for a full-ish build.

Current state is this:

D6AEF498-DCBF-484E-BD95-9B224A742DE0.thumb.jpeg.f4ce155fe737833256fe71558723d51d.jpeg

Jack Flash Trials frame (A recent addition), Gusset forks, B.M.F on Deore hub rear, Mavic on basic Shimano front, Planet X stem (mega short) and some badly painted risers.

BB is imminent then will whack on a set of cranks.

It’s lighter than expected, short as I thought and retro as!

Edited by Brettoll
5 people like this

Love it dude, looking forward to seeing some more pics! Got a Zebdi in the same paint job that I’m on the process of rebuilding, lovely bit of retro goodness that :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is that a Deore rear hub with 0.1 engagement points? (Just that the 135QR XT hub I have feels extremely lacking in engagement points by modern standards).

Edited by marg26
1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, marg26 said:

Is that a Deore rear hub with 0.1 engagement points? (Just that the 135QR XT hub I have feels extremely lacking in engagement points by modern standards).

Yeah that’s it! It feels like it takes an age before engaging. Especially against the Pro 4 on the modern bike

On 30/05/2021 at 9:55 PM, Private Repress said:

Love it dude, looking forward to seeing some more pics! Got a Zebdi in the same paint job that I’m on the process of rebuilding, lovely bit of retro goodness that :)

I love the sparkly paint in the black parts of the frame - not had this colourway before (had a Little Audrey the first time around)! 

1 person likes this