Sram dub cranks set spacers

Jamie mcdonald

I recently have bought a sram dub cranks set 

With the inspired bash.

I had a bike shop instal it and it turns out they have not put any spacers in.Allowing it to shift backs and forth.Sram recommends a 4.5mm spacers for my frame size But the bb only came with a 2.5mm spacer and if I were to install that it would remove play but the preloader will be pretty far out. I just dont know If it would work well and not damage my new cranks and bb.

That wouldn't really be ideal. That's why the SRAM cranksets sold with those bashrings come with this spacer:

sraminspiredspacer.jpg

That fits within the bashring constraints and spaces it out correctly. You could get away with doing it by filing/grinding/whatevering a regular 4.5mm spacer but it'll probably take some doing. It'll be better than running your cranks incorrectly spaced though.

2 minutes ago, Mark W said:

That wouldn't really be ideal. That's why the SRAM cranksets sold with those bashrings come with this spacer:

sraminspiredspacer.jpg

That fits within the bashring constraints and spaces it out correctly. You could get away with doing it by filing/grinding/whatevering a regular 4.5mm spacer but it'll probably take some doing. It'll be better than running your cranks incorrectly spaced though.

Ok thanks