Someone throws an egg at your car...

bikeperson45

What do you do?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Provide the evidence to the police and let them handle
    • Street fight
    • Go around and say 'the jig's up, now say you're sorry'
    • Put a note through the door with a video screen shot saying 'don't let it happen again'
    • Other
    • Egg his car

My parents had some eggs thrown at their car, which was silly of the guy considering everyone in the neighbourhood has Ring doorbells, so we know it was him despite his cute walk around the block to try and throw us off the scent. We think this is because the past few weekends my parents have been making a lot of noise by having their driveway redone, a lot of angle grinding and having a digger and a compressor being used, so a guy losing his temper with that and throwing an egg doesn't seem insane.

The question is, how do you proceed? Do you go to the police? Invite him for a street fight? Let us know on the poll - my parents have always respected the views expressed on TF so they'd appreciate your guidance. 

56 minutes ago, Ali C said:

Don’t think I’d do anything unless there was damage done? 

No damage, but my mum's worried about how the egg whites will affect the paint job long term based on what she's read on the internet... I lean closer to the do nothing camp too. 

46 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

Block his drive / block his car in and put a note on it saying you'll move the car when he comes and apologises.

The plot thickens here, neither him nor his wife drive, and it's rumoured alcohol might be a factor for that. He walks to the pub every evening and drinks for a few hours. Might just have been a drunken egg toss. 

Definitely police job IMO, get him slapped with an asbo. That way if anything escalates, or he does similar to other people, they can deal with it appropriately. Might not bother you but what about his 95 year old neighbour that lives alone?

1 hour ago, Muel said:

Definitely police job IMO, get him slapped with an asbo. That way if anything escalates, or he does similar to other people, they can deal with it appropriately. Might not bother you but what about his 95 year old neighbour that lives alone?

Sounds like a total waste of Police time.

It's an egg. Not like its a brick. I'd speak to him in a calm and polite way and explain you know it was him you don't appreciate it and you'd rather he didn't do things like that in the future.

What kind of world do we live in if you can't handle an egg being thrown at your car yourself? Getting the police involved would be a bitch move in my opinion. Fight your own battles.

• Like 2

The drama ensued today when a neighbor told his wife there's footage. The culprit then went to the neighbor to see what had been recorded and roughly says "oh no, what have I done? There's a video of me throwing an egg, and I remember that I did. There was a fox chasing a cat, so I went to my bin so I could throw an egg to chase the fox away."

Now, if you know there's a video, you'd think you'd also know that it's not worth bringing in two fictional animals into this because obviously they're not on the film. He even throws the egg underarm for goodness sake. 

He's since come and apologised again to my parents profusely apparently and they're happy to leave it there now. I relayed the results of the TF survey and they were disappointed with the mixed results. Thank you all anyway.

• Like 1