Lubing/Cleaning MT7 Pistons?

Rip

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Swoofty said:

What do you lube them with? WD40, Bosheild, freehub oil? I find myself in need of this sort of maintenance all of a sudden.

I was told to use whatever brake fluid your brakes use so I used a bit of Royal Blood. to be honest though it didn't make much difference, I was hoping the pads would return a bit more and give me a little more pad clearance. MT7s are known for little/no pad clearance so I guess that's my problem. 

10 hours ago, Rip said:

I was told to use whatever brake fluid your brakes use so I used a bit of Royal Blood. to be honest though it didn't make much difference, I was hoping the pads would return a bit more and give me a little more pad clearance. MT7s are known for little/no pad clearance so I guess that's my problem. 

That's also what I found from other forums. I'm also dealing with pad clearance, but on MT5s. I've got a TMS fork with poorly aligned post mounts that won't allow the caliper to slide far enough over to center the rotor. No matter what I do the rotor just howls when I ride.

Mine isn't that bad luckily but sometimes when I'm just sat on the bike chilling some small movements cause the brakes to squeak and whine a bit and it annoys me. No amount of caliper alignment fixes it so it must be the pads are not returning, maybe I'll see if I can bodge together some return springs for them. 

Edited by Rip