2022 The Year of the 26" Street Trials

Swoofty

2022 is shaping up to be the heaviest 26" street trials year since the early 2000s. TMS has a 26" Silex out now to satisfy your steel desires and Extension has a 26" called Drax. Inspired is still pumping out the Hex and if Echo comes back to life we might even see some more Czar 26" bikes. That's the potential for four 26" street trials bikes currently available for purchase. That hasn't happened in my 13 years of riding. If anyone gets one of the new 26s, please post a review. I'm very interested to know how they ride.

velo-street-trial-tms-silex-v4-26-soft-pink.jpg

EXTENTION_BIKE_DRAX_03__24510.1642968840.jpg

• Like 3

Don’t forget the folks who are resurrecting / rebuilding classic street trials frames which ironically have a very similar geo (albeit with longer chainstays). Hell of a market for things like old pashely / giant / cannondale / pace / ashton builds. 

I’ll caveat that by saying a lot of these builds will never be ridden as hard as they once were! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rathergoodpie said:

Don’t forget the folks who are resurrecting / rebuilding classic street trials frames which ironically have a very similar geo (albeit with longer chainstays). Hell of a market for things like old pashely / giant / cannondale / pace / ashton builds. 

I’ll caveat that by saying a lot of these builds will never be ridden as hard as they once were! 

Too scary to ride some of them that hard!!! 

8C898132-9586-4260-BBDE-DC86904C7A86.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 20:46, Swoofty said:

2022 se perfila como el año de pruebas callejeras de 26" más pesado desde principios de la década de 2000. TMS tiene un Silex de 26" ahora para satisfacer sus deseos de acero y Extension tiene un 26" llamado Drax. Inspired todavía está bombeando el Hex y si Echo vuelve a la vida, es posible que incluso veamos más bicicletas Czar de 26". Ese es el potencial de las cuatro bicicletas de trial de calle de 26" actualmente disponibles para la compra. Eso no ha sucedido en mis 13 años de conducción. Si alguien obtiene una de las nuevas 26, publique una reseña. Estoy muy interesado en saber cómo paseo.

velo-street-trial-tms-silex-v4-26-rosa-suave.jpg

EXTENCIÓN_BICICLETA_DRAX_03__24510.1642968840.jpg

From what I have read, Czar has stopped production of all bikes and may not resume operations.  I hope it is temporary! I loved the Neruron 26".  I also read that Extension Potential could realese a Drax Pro. Everytime I look at it more fondly....