Barcelona: tips, locations, flying with a bike

DJEHB

Hi TF,

So myself and a buddy have booked some flights to barca for the end of April. I have a few questions to locals / people who've ridden there previously:

- Any particular district you'd recommend staying in?

- We're planning to stick to street only. Can you get on the metro with a bike?

- How did you go about taking tools etc with you? I was thinking to chuck some basics in with the bike in the box, along with my helmet. But easyjet specify only the bike should be within the box.

- Spots wise I'm guessing we'll have no trouble finding bits. But if there's any must see please do let me know a location.

Cheers!

Edited by DJEHB

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:17 PM, DJEHB said:

Hi TF,

So myself and a buddy have booked some flights to barca for the end of April. I have a few questions to locals / people who've ridden there previously:

- Any particular district you'd recommend staying in?

- We're planning to stick to street only. Can you get on the metro with a bike?

- How did you go about taking tools etc with you? I was thinking to chuck some basics in with the bike in the box, along with my helmet. But easyjet specify only the bike should be within the box.

- Spots wise I'm guessing we'll have no trouble finding bits. But if there's any must see please do let me know a location.

Cheers!

On the trips away I've taken the bike I've always had in the bike bag - 

Bike 

Tools 

Helmet 

Spares (tubes, chain & rotor) 

Riding shoes 

Without any questions. As long as it's below the weight limit & not all too sketchy (if you're taking a cardboard box).  I can't really see taking the time to be awkward about it. 

Regards to Barcelona, you'll find loads of spots and it's quite fun just heading out different directions each day and searching. 

If you hop on the train to Sabadell there's a really good (free) trials park here & it's also worth messaging Trial Evolution and arranging them to pick you/drop you back for a morning or afternoon at their park. We went on street trial bikes and loved both parks. 

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paperclip said:

On the trips away I've taken the bike I've always had in the bike bag - 

Bike 

Tools 

Helmet 

Spares (tubes, chain & rotor) 

Riding shoes 

Without any questions. As long as it's below the weight limit & not all too sketchy (if you're taking a cardboard box).  I can't really see taking the time to be awkward about it. 

Regards to Barcelona, you'll find loads of spots and it's quite fun just heading out different directions each day and searching. 

If you hop on the train to Sabadell there's a really good (free) trials park here & it's also worth messaging Trial Evolution and arranging them to pick you/drop you back for a morning or afternoon at their park. We went on street trial bikes and loved both parks. 

That's solid advice. Appreciate it!

Exactly the thoughts I had around packing, I've sorted a couple of bike bags so going to put spares / lid / shoes and whatnot in there.

Didn't realise there is a pick up option for that park, did you find them on facebook?