Pace RC250t build

grant wildman

I bough this frame a few years back and have just shelved till now. Decided to go against the standard powered coat red (what the frame was originally) or the polished silver and have opted to get the frame anodised in a grey/gunmetal colour. I think there may have been a stock variant in grey, maybe a team issue version?

Received some pictures of the frame now its has been returned from the polishers. It was dip stripped and cleaned, but the process dulled the frame so it needed to be polished before any anodising could take place. 

Being that the frame is 7005 series aluminium, it cant be hard anodised due to the zinc content, so it will be a standard anodising finish. 

Adam from AA anodising has been a delight to deal with. Thorough and professional. Looking forward to the end results. 

Hopefully I’ll have the frame back later this week and can get it built up. I have all the components, minus a seat post ready and waiting. Will use a monty mini seat temporarily. 

More pics up shortly 

Parts list

Frame Pace RC250t Frame HS33 mounts  frame number 005

Forks  Pace RC32 trails fork V-mounts 

Crank Middleburn RS7 crank - Talon 22 ring and black filthy ‘Ard bash guard. 

Trial tech ISIS Bottom bracket 

Inspired Pedals 

Front brake Avid ultimate lever and V-brake

Rear brake ’04 HS33 rear brake 

Front wheel Mavic X517 rim black - Hope pro 3 hub 

Rear wheel Mavic EX721 rim black - Chris King Classic black - King Cog 

Stem Thomson elite stem 90x15

Handle bar Renthal Jump bars 70x710mm 

Hope headset zz44

CFD3349F-257C-4F5C-90DA-CE91B87F4A7F.jpeg

2CBADE95-8EDD-4242-928C-5B7B90FA8438.jpeg

0B404814-01EE-40BA-A23A-5DBED8A240D8.jpeg

46CB7537-369A-4E4E-B0AB-9A3AAC060E9D.jpeg

Edited by grant wildman
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Made a start on the build. Toying with brake set ups, but currently it’s set up with dual Avid ultimate vee’s. May swap the rear brake to an ‘04 HS33.

Tyre choice is the next thing to sort. These 2.25 Ralph’s are great but a little narrow, so looking for something a little wider. 

Frame graphics I need to order and refit the head badge. Also waiting on a seat post as I’ll fit a proper saddle.

Has turned out pretty light too. I’ll get it on the scales soon. 

86A8E6FD-A5D8-4817-A2A4-34A69C7F46E8.jpeg

B1C696AF-5EA6-4A78-99BB-A3302D9B0A17.jpeg

71CFC4C3-7EF2-454A-B624-6668C7B10C42.jpeg

897609A0-A5C8-45FC-943B-C99B331825E1.jpeg

• Like 5

...Or we could let him build his own damned bike how he pleases.

Looks lovely! Oh how I wish rims could stay the colour of the rim with a grind. Looks so much better smooth, but just doesn't work the same (if you're doing the kind of riding where you want a grind, that is :P )

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PLIW said:

Defo needs a set of Maguras on it. 
Stem and bars look a little too high. I’ve got a set of Azonic OCR and bars that would work. 
Glad your fitting a proper seat, a nice Tan Flite would look perfect. 

Very nicely done though

I’ll only fit a Rear HS33 if I do, think It might look cleaner. But I’ve always preferred Vee’s over Maguras. 

The bar an stem fitted feel great, 90x15deg stem and 70mm rise bars. I think the Azonic combo would be too low, thanks though. Not going for replica/retro (despite the frame and most of the components being old) build with this bike. Just built it how I like with the parts I like. 

You know I’ve got a few retro bikes and while retro/replica builds looks great, they still ride like old bikes and are hard work, unless you are Ali C of course. So I want to ride this one. 

I think a Tan flight will be harder to find than the forks were! But I’m on the look out for something along those lines. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, grant wildman said:

I’ll only fit a Rear HS33 if I do, think It might look cleaner. But I’ve always preferred Vee’s over Maguras. 

The bar an stem fitted feel great, 90x15deg stem and 70mm rise bars. I think the Azonic combo would be too low, thanks though. Not going for replica/retro (despite the frame and most of the components being old) build with this bike. Just built it how I like with the parts I like. 

You know I’ve got a few retro bikes and while retro/replica builds looks great, they still ride like old bikes and are hard work, unless you are Ali C of course. So I want to ride this one. 

I think a Tan flight will be harder to find than the forks were! But I’m on the look out for something along those lines. 

Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SELLE-ITALIA-FLITE-1990-SADDLE-NUBUCK-BROWN-/224808579844?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I got one here and it’s really really nice. 

4 hours ago, aener said:

...Or we could let him build his own damned bike how he pleases.

Looks lovely! Oh how I wish rims could stay the colour of the rim with a grind. Looks so much better smooth, but just doesn't work the same (if you're doing the kind of riding where you want a grind, that is :P )

Your right, a TGS style bike running rim brakes really needs a grind, but some sticky pads on a smooth rim are fine for an old street basher like this bike (and its rider). All as long as its not wet out! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, Chuck85 said:

This looks absolutely epic mate!

At first I wasn’t sure on the colour but the more you look at it, the slicker it gets!

How on earth did you find those forks!? I’ve been on the hunt for some for years, they look mint as well!

Thanks dude B) Happy with the outcome on the anodising. The forks came to me as one of my friends was turfing out his garage and asked if anyone wanted any of it before it went on ebay. Very lucky find! 

Do see the odd complete bike on FB market place with a pair on, but normally painted or battered.