KMC Z1eHX chain

basstrials

Hi there.Sorry for be ignorant, but I would ask about ,if this particular chain could be put on my bike, an old Giant Team,which has 22t(Truvativ)on front and 6 cogs cassette(SunRace) rear on?The chain comes with two versions,wide and narrow one.Which one do I need?I am open to other suggestions for though KMC chain, as well.Thank you for your time.

The narrow Z1EHX 3/32nd will work with up to 8spd cassettes but it’s not ideal, they’re not really designed to shift and depending on the cassette there may be clearance issues between the chain and sprockets. The KMC X8 will be better on that set up. They’re strong enough (supplied OE on some Jitsie bikes) just make sure to join WITHOUT the quick link!

• Like 1

Greetings,thank you about your opinion. I currently run X8 without quick link and got no problems.Just thought that need something robust. Apparently there is length distinction between them,X8 has 7.3mm but Z1 has 7.8 which may cause shifting problems,I do not know.I think that your are right about. 

Maybe changing it more often would be safe bet.Thank you once again.

• Like 1