TartyBikes has new owners - full info inside.

AdamR28

Afternoon all,

Seems slightly strange typing this, but I am no longer the owner of TartyBikes. Weird, huh :unsure:

Further information in the link, I hope you'll find the time to have a quick read: https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/news/big_news/u297.html

A heart-felt thank you to everyone who has supported TartyBikes over the years.

You've not got rid of me yet...

Adam

• Like 1

Wish you all the best Adam, always had huge respect for your wealth of knowledge, technical expertise and how you ran tartybikes. You were always the benchmark which I would compare to when ordering absolutely anything online even years and years after not being involved in the sport directly.

Huge props for making the move too, I imagine it can’t have been an easy thing to do after all these years. When/if you do fully move on I hope I can support you in whatever it is you do next. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, gents. Appreciate it!

The plan from here is to stay involved with Tarty, but more on a 'consultation' basis, to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible. This will take as long as it takes in order to ensure little or no 'upset' to everyone. After that, I'm hoping to live as small and simple life as possible, and see how far / long I can stretch my pennies... :mellow:

• Like 2

Didn't see it coming right now, but pleased for you all. I'll echo the thoughts of the guys above with a huge "thank you" for all you've done for trials over the years. I'll also throw in a "well done" for making a step towards simplifying your life and taking off some of the load to let you focus on other things - not an easy step in the slightest.

The very best of luck to Ben and Charlie - big shoes to fill but I'm sure you'll all do a sterling job :happy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow just seen Inspired's post on Facebook. Good luck with the future bud, I'm sure whatever you end up doing to keep the bills paid will be a success! 

Seems weird as I've not ordered anything major for a while and any time I think of Tarty I still think of the old crew of Gav, Stan, Cap, Mark, Kenny and Ali's legendary bombproof wheel builds! 

I can now allow the changing of your username on here, long may it confuse the hell out of me :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All the best in your future endeavours Adam the small/simple life sounds like quite the dream.  I just hope where ever you end up has a large shed so you can continue your tinkering.

TB certainly did help bring trails to the masses and you should be proud of that.

• Thanks 1

Haven't been your customer in a long while but was always fascinated to see how TartyBikes was developing and especially, how much effort was being put into stocking the smallest of products. Such success, both with Tarty and Inspired which I see as a continuation of a certain mindset that your business embodies. 

Pursuing a simple life sounds lovely, yet we're all still quite young and I wonder if or rather when we'll get to hear about another successful eneavour of yours. 

This news is quite liberating in the sense that it comes at a time when a bunch of people in your position are likely left either exhausted, scratching their head as to what now, or pursuing new projects.

• 8 months later...

Wow I remember like yesterday you were toying about with the idea of having a shop... 

Those of us in america have been very fortunate for your opening, ordering from you and a usa store- your part always got here before theirs.  Major beacon for trials , you already know this, best of luck in the future Adam.  

Thank you for Tarty Bikes 

• Thanks 1

oh my god! I came across this looking for updates on the kit car completely at random! I’m sorry I missed this (I’m so dim but at least the name change now makes sense :laugh:) Just a massive thank you to you Adam, TB help and support was incredible, as a customer and rider. Hope whatever you do (are doing now I guess) next brings you good things

Rowan.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Only just seen this one now too, ready it as if it was new news until I read the dates.

I think I have only met you a couple of times including a ride on the rocks at Heysham after work. But like most people if you need a part you head to Tarty's first, including last week.

Hope all is going well with the change of direction and best of luck with everything in the future. 

• Thanks 1