Fourplay Team 2020 experience: only what I didn't like.

javimic

Hi all,

After 1 year and a half riding this rig I wanted to share this experience to this day. We know the bike is top spec and the frame is high end. Overall it's great. I'm just telling some things that happened to me. 1.- The rear axle lasted 60 days. So Inpired sent me the new version of the through-axle very quickly, all under warranty. 2.- You have to tight the pedals very often, and if you apply the recommended 40 Nm I would say that you should do it on every outing. One day I forgot and damaged the right thread (drive side - I'm right front foot) and had to replace the crank (much pain $$$). Time after I installed  a pair of Stamp 7 and this hardly ever happen. I would say that is the Inspired Team V2 pedals and Truvativ crancks combination. 3.- Hope Tech 3 Trial Zone: Master cylinder diaphragm failed losing DOT fluid and it flaked the top cap. 4.- Finally. The Hope Pro 4 ss rear hub is damaged and I am waiting for another hub to rebuild the wheel. At first I thought it was the pawls because I've never done a hub service, which is recommended at least once a year (change springs and pawls and new grease. I did not know it). But then I realize the pawls blew out because the internal rachet was damaged. After that everything works fine and I really like this bike. I don't know if other riders had similar issues.

IMG_20201229_003004299_HDR.jpg

On new bikes it’s really important to keep the pedals tight for the first few rides.

Because the crank is alloy and the pedal is steel the harder steel axle actually compresses the softer alloy slightly and can give room for the pedal to come loose.

After a few rides the alloy will reach the limit of how much it compresses and everything will stay solid.

We had so many issues with this we had to put huge stickers on the crack arms of any bike we sold to warn people and make sure they kept the pedals tight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ali C said:

On new bikes it’s really important to keep the pedals tight for the first few rides.

Because the crank is alloy and the pedal is steel the harder steel axle actually compresses the softer alloy slightly and can give room for the pedal to come loose.

After a few rides the alloy will reach the limit of how much it compresses and everything will stay solid.

We had so many issues with this we had to put huge stickers on the crack arms of any bike we sold to warn people and make sure they kept the pedals tight.

Thanks for the info! I supposed wrong. Yes! It had the sticker when I received the bike from Tartybikes. I followed the advice but months later I forgot to check it during a long sesh and It was enough. After destroy the crank thread I got  an insert to try repair the damaged truvativ descendant crank, but I don't know if it will work well for trials. Now I am using a pair of Truvativ Stylo to get by.