Arm Pump

Revolver

Sup TF,

Arm pump is a pretty common thing in bike riding, I feel.

Well, these days I am finding myself often getting something akin to arm pump, but... I don't have a bike at all.

Seems to be happening because I'm typing all day.

Anyway, I wondered if any of you guys had exercises or stretches you've done that helped you get past arm pump.

Asking in chit-chat because I don't need any bike-related advice lol

10 hours ago, Krisboats said:

eat bananas, the fruit kind... not the ones you normally eat :laugh: Potasssium helps. Buy a wrist rest and a powerball and get training :P

Hmm been eating more bananas of late, and I take multivitamins every day.

A powerball, I haven't heard that name for years.

Haha, neither yours, hope you're doing well

8 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

Are you using any ergonomic keyboards or mouse? I do find my vertical mouse helped with some strain in my forearm.

I have a pretty good keyboard, not an ergonomic layout but very good switches. My mouse is ergonomic too, one of these Logitech ones.

Potassium, powerball, and finding a more ergonomic solution for my computer setup... got it

On 4/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Wait, Krisboats is still alive?!

:laugh:

On 4/23/2022 at 10:33 PM, forteh said:

I thought TF was on an 8 year timeline regression :D

:laugh:

On 4/24/2022 at 12:39 AM, Revolver said:

Hmm been eating more bananas of late, and I take multivitamins every day.

A powerball, I haven't heard that name for years.

Haha, neither yours, hope you're doing well

Potassium, powerball, and finding a more ergonomic solution for my computer setup... got it

I'm doing alright cheers mate. Keep seeing your adventures on facebook :D

Sounds more like RSI to be honest, if you're the type that wrests your wrists on the tables you can alleviate a tonne of the problems just raising the wrists a couple of inches off the desk. try putting a rolled up pair of socks under your wrists for a couple of days to take the weight and see if the pain starts to ease over the course of a week or so. Or buy a boobies wrist rest thing 

617aOK-6N+L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Good, glad to hear!

I do have a wrist rest for my keyboard, but I don't have one for my mouse. I ordered one earlier today actually haha.

I hope that'll help stave it away. It probably is RSI, it's mainly in my right wrist since I use it for typing and for the mouse :|

Elbows above the desk helps a lot as well, I've got a yoyodesk at work and it's really good for the back and posture.

About 12 years ago I thought I had RSI/carpal tunnel because my thumb had gone numb and I'd lost the strength to click mouse buttons with my fingers, tried all the wrist rests and adjustments you can think of to no avail.  Got a physio appointment and they gave me some exercises which also did nothing.

Got given a back massage by my (then) girlfriends aunt and she asked how long it had been since I had dislocated my shoulder?  I wasn't aware I had dislocated my shoulder but I had fallen backwards on a straight arm and jarred it, I had probably sublaxed it and then popped it back in; this was a couple of months previous.  She popped a few lumps below the shoulder blade and my hand strength returned within days.  Might be someting to consider, hand issues can often be caused by nerves affected in the shoulder :)

Edited by forteh
  • Thanks 1