Target 2021

Target

On 8/14/2022 at 6:49 PM, Sam Song said:

Full face helmet for trials is interesting...

When I've broken my jaw for the first time (while riding trials), I thought it was just an accident, and I have to be more careful.
When I've broken my jaw for the second time (also while riding trials), I thought I definitely wouldn't want it to happen for the third time.
So I bought a full face helmet for enduro. You got used to the limited field of vision pretty quickly, and it doesn't affect riding. But it feels much safer doing the front wheel stuff.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:39 PM, craigjames said:

I can't imagine wearing one though myself, are you using a lighter weight enduro spec full face?

I'm using Bell Super 3R, it's a lightweight enduro helmet with removable chin. Weight is about 780 g. Ventilation is not that bad, about the same as some skater style helmets have, or even better.

71WCtdKWGzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 7:42 PM, La Bourde said:

What did you conclude from your experiments? Is there a setup to recommend?

Well, I found that:

- tubeless setup with inserts works great on a trials bike

- 20" wheels feel too tiny for me

- the spoke flex with a front disc brake on a 24" wheel is not that bad. You can feel that it's a bit more than with a rim brake, but it doesn't really affect riding

- 26" front wheel on the 26"/24" mullet feels surprisingly similar to a 24" front wheel.

I wouldn't recommend any of that. All these experiments are a total waste of time and money. Usually, I recommend to people looking for an upgrade, go get something popular, reliable and boring, like a complete Crewkerz bike, and spend more time riding.

But seriously though, I'd encourage everyone to do more crazy stuff with your bike! Rotate the bar forward or backwards, turn the stem upside down, make a fat bike with a road bars! Trials bikes and riding have come a long way and changed a lot since the beginning, all because of experiments and trying new things.

Edited by Target

11 hours ago, Target said:

Well, I found that:

I wouldn't recommend any of that. All these experiments are a total waste of time and money. 

:lol: We love it though so its got to be done.

I'm less of an experimental builder but more of a use-what-works-best-for-me type of builder and very close to finishing a project I've been working on. :cheers:

• Like 1