Giant Martin Hawyes; Build and First Ride

Rich Pearson

New video out today of me and Alex finding an amazing riding spot hidden in deepest darkest Cornwall. Am having a lot of fun making these episodes and there’s currently ten more already edited and scheduled, so if you can please go and hit subscribe, give us any comments or feedback you feel like and share this video with someone who might feel like watching it.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, 

Not posted in a while but recently started a new YouTube channel for trials riding based in Cornwall. First three episodes are already up and there’s many more ready and waiting to go. If you feel like hitting the subscribe button that would be lovely, it means I can keep making more videos. 

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

• Rich Pearson changed the title to Cornwall Biketrials: Cligga Head, Trials Mecca

The first proper camera test video with my new Canon 2000D. Since shooting this l’ve managed to get the hang of some of the settings better, but still relatively happy with how this came out.

If anyone hasn’t yet subscribed please feel free to, and I hope you enjoy the video 🙂

• Rich Pearson changed the title to Cornwall Biketrials: Clean K1 camera test

So I think this is one of my favourite videos I’ve made of recent times. Considering it was filmed in early January and edited a few weeks ago I think it really nicely contrasts some of the personal situations we’ve been going through recently. For those who don’t know my wife has been in hospital the last couple of days and while she’s not very well, she’s expected to make a full recovery. To be honest I scheduled this video to upload and completely forgot about it, but when I got back from the hospital it was a really nice thing to realise it had already gone up and people had watched it and liked it, and I think it really reflects what I love about this wonderful county that we get to live in. I really hope you’re all enjoying the videos and there’s a lot more to come. I hope you’re all safe and well, and thanks again for watching. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

• Rich Pearson changed the title to Cornwall Biketrials: Carn Brea
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn’t get a chance to post this yesterday but here’s a really fun little video from the most westerly town in Britain, St Just. 

Thank you for all the views, likes, comments and subscribers. If you haven’t already please do go and subscribe. It means a lot 🙂

Enjoy.

• Like 1

• Rich Pearson changed the title to Riding the UK’s most Western Town

I know I say this a lot, but this really is one of my favourite places. Rinsey is a really unknown little beach just near Helston that is regardless an amazing place for trials riding, climbing, coasteering and so much more. Genuinely makes me so happy just being there. 

Again, as I’ve said before, if anyone is planning a trip down Cornwall or wants to get into trials and is already in Cornwall or both, do feel free to give me or one of the other Cornish guys a shout as we’re always happy to show people around the spots and stuff.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really fun raw footage video from a Redruth ride a couple of weeks ago. Actually did some quite scary lines that I didn’t think I would do. And between me and Callum spent quite a lot of time falling over 💥🤦‍♂️😂 

As always, if you haven’t already please do subscribe, there are lots more videos coming soon. 

Happy Easter and enjoy!

• Rich Pearson changed the title to New Video: Riding Rails in Redruth

This week’s video is my first proper retro-ish build, putting together and having a little ride on the Martin Hawyes Giant Team Trials frame from around 2002. 

This is a proper piece of history and I’ve had so much fun with it, full riding edit coming soon! 

As always please do subscribe if you haven’t already 🙂

• Like 2

• Rich Pearson changed the title to Giant Martin Hawyes; Build and First Ride
On 4/16/2023 at 6:43 PM, Rich Pearson said:

This week’s video is my first proper retro-ish build, putting together and having a little ride on the Martin Hawyes Giant Team Trials frame from around 2002. 

This is a proper piece of history and I’ve had so much fun with it, full riding edit coming soon! 

As always please do subscribe if you haven’t already 🙂

Nice to see a classic being ridden, as you say it’s such a shame that so many retro rides are being shelved. 

I'm lucky enough to have that frame too, I agree it’s an absolute blast to ride, so much fun!

• Like 2