Stripping Paint Off.

montybiketrial

(Yes I've searched)

I want to strip the paint from my 03' Monty X-lite. I want to get all the paint off, around the welds and corners and make a good job.

I don't want to sandblast it, because its too much hard word to get it shinnnnnnny.

Is there any other ways apart from paint stripper, sandpaper and lots of hard work to do it?

Any help or pointers of how to do it, what to use or how to make it look good would be appreciated.

Cheers y'all.

By the way, my dad paints cars for a living, and I am able to use all the best equipment for the job.

Edited by montybiketrial

you will get nitro mors at your local DIY shop, just get the paint brush they will give you with it n dip it in the nitro mors n paint it on your frame in sections, leave it for about 5 mins, then get a pressure washer or your hosepipe if you havent got a pressure washer n wash off the paint, simple stuff and all good fun

PS don't get nitro mors on your hands, its not very funny

NITRO MORS

best stuff imo.

dunnow here form though. just comes atraight of

sand the hard bits the nitro mors it.

Bucky

Ill try and translate!

NITRO MORS

Best stuff in my opinion.

don't know where to get it though. It makes the paint come straight off.

Sand the hard bits, then nitromors them.

Am I right?

Any help on what grade sandpapers and polish, techniques to use?

Thankyou Please!

Go the nitromors route, could do it 3-4 hours if you put your mind to it.

Just paint it on scrape it off use a wire bursh for the welds and once you have scraped it all off get some fine wire wool, this smooths everything off without the grainy effect of sandpaper.

When its all cleand off get some 'Autosol' metal polish, you should be able to get this from any motorbike shop and rub it on until it go's black and then just polish it off. Great stuff.

brisa_silver.jpg

If you have access to the best equipment, sand blast it...none of this nitromours crap, sand blasting it keeps the frame dry, gets all the littletight areas clear, if you use paint a stripper its hard to get it all off, and because your using a liquid the frame takes langer to be read for you paint because of cleen up, the moisture from the sipper and the time it take to clean up the frame will oxidise, meaning the primer won't take properly.