Top American Trials Rider

I completely agree.  Getting to all the competitions in australia is abit of a financial strain for anyone.  They are often 700km away which means accom etc is required.  Over summer here in canberra we had little competions where we would mark out some sections with some chalk on some rocks and ride them like a comp.  Personaly I would much prefer to see a BIU rider ripping it up on some rocks then a "uci" rider (if they can be called that simply because on the street they don't use their bashgaurd) ride some street.  The whole UCI v BIU debate annoys me.  Im not going to generalise and say all english riders are street rail gapping bike polishers, but it seems a much larger proportion are.  I have also seen some of the best natural videos come out of there.  One out from james hyland with one of those month titles.  may2003 or somthing.

you would rather watch BIU? What posible negative points are there about UCI?! Its just BIU without bashguarding, which is surely a plus point?

Or is that set to change now the nazi's of trials have got Van S..?

That made me laugh <_<. Maybe it shouldn't have, but it did (Y) . Now riding for him will be like working 9 till 5 :S.

I wish people would just wake up and realise what trials is all about and actually turn up to comps etc where the real riders are! Wana see some real trials then look HERE, it's not just me, in fact I rarely get a chance to put myself on the site but this really defines what I think is REAL trials!

I disagree. Trials should be what you want it to be. It's about having a laugh and if NOT turning up to comps etc is someone's idea of having a laugh, then that's fine with me.

Personaly I think UK trials is more about having a colour coded bike then riding trials.

Not always untrue (N) . Some people are like that.

Why is it that whenever something gets put up on here about US riders, a post gets put up over there about how ignorant/petty/childish/stupid/smelly/old/fat/hairy/bald/etc. we are?

<_< (N) (Y)

I've seen Jeremy in vids, he's pretty damn good, better than most. But he also sounds like a douche bag as his father(yes, his father) posts lame-ass self promoting essays everyday on biketrials.com(look for treads by jimmybikes). He's always talking about how jeremy trains everyday and shit yet he only beat top canadian rider John Webster by 2 points last year in Squamish (Y)" who doesnt train, drinks beer and plays hockey :lol:

Anyhow, it's good news, let's hope to see some good FREE internet vids outta him.

Edited by Surfboard921

Surfboard I can assure you, no one in NA could touch jeremy right now...not even close.

edit : and what were those squamish points? Like 0 and 2? Way too easy for both riders, might want to set up something challenging to see real results.

Edited by AndrewT

Surfboard I can assure you, no one in NA could touch jeremy right now...not even close.

edit : and what were those squamish points?  Like 0 and 2? Way too easy for both riders, might want to set up something challenging to see real results.

what he said. oh wait guess what I have said that how many times now? do people just ignore everything I say at all times or something?

webster is sick. jeremy got -3 and webster got -1? holy crap what does that say about the pro courses for them- maybe that they are easy. same thing at worlds this last year, first was like 17 points, 2nd was like 18 and third was like 20... if the sections are hard like they should be the podium woul dhave some separation. I get the strange sense I have already made this same post about 20 times already on other sites in a bunch of other threads... will people listen this time? probably not.

and another thing- how can you judge someone by the posts their dad makes... jimmy takes time out of his day to help a ton of riders when he makes his posts... he's doing more for the trials community than... hmmm... just about everyone I can think of that posts a ton of useless junk all the time.

this thread is dripping with ignorance and idiocy from both sides of the pond. stupid people are every where.

where in my post did I say recent?  (Y)

any vids will be nice, of ANY U.S rider that DOESN'T ride street, like proper street, bar spins etc

thanking you

I don't consider street trials. street is just wanna be trials riders and bmxers. TRIALS is riding on natural terrain.

it's pointless arguing, you guys are so closeminded and thinking you know it all, that any statement an american makes is instantly turned down and is not listened to.

some respect htere :lol:

It's pointless arguing, you guys are so closeminded and thinking you know it all, that any statement an american makes is instantly turned down and is not listened to.

some respect htere :lol:

That's not all the forum, I'm sure there are plenty of people, decent people looking at this thread, that really don't wanna get involved, like someone said, stupid people everywhere, you get used to it after a while (Y)

But I really do see what you're getting at, some people just think - "Stupid Americans" and you guys just think "Someone tell this cigarette to shut up"

Works both ways :P

Americans have never used cigarette as a pejorative, therefore you are wrong and stupid!

[FOR PEOPLE WITH NO READING COMPREHENSION:

.just joking with this.

THANK YOU]

Hehe, I'm hoping you're a Family Guy fan too :lol:

to be fair I think that riders in england hav just the same balance of natural/street as Us or OZ. to be honest I just have one point....

COULD EVERYONE STOP BEING SUCH COCKS! WE ARE ALL RIDING TRIALS, WHICH IF YOU REMEMBER ISNT THE MOST MATURED OF SPORTS. SHIT, TRIALS HAS ONLY BEEN POPULAR FOR LIKE 10 YEARS OR SO AND WE ARE ALREADY BITCHING ABOUT WHOS COUNTRY IS BETTER THAN WHO'S. GET A f**kING GRIP GUYS.

TRIALS IS ABOUT HAVING FUN. NOT GETTING COMPETITIVE AND ACTING LIKE WANKERS.

Edited by rathergoodpie

Nice summary. How can anyone say riding one way is right or wrong, its personal opinion. As long as we're having fun does it really matter?

*group hug*

(if you wish to start a new topic, feel free. But childish 'your a loser cos you ride in a different style to me' shall not be welcome :()