Coust Brake Pads

Tartridge

how do people know they won't rip off the backing?

Just what Im thinking, and will they work in the mud and wet? I think Ill leave it to all you test piolets out there first before I buy any.

Just what Im thinking, and will they work in the mud and wet? I think Ill leave it to all you test piolets out there first before I buy any.

Ive seen them ridden, so im willing to be a 'secondary test pilot'.

Tis the same for all brake pads. How did we know Koxx wouldnt rip off the backing? And Plaz? And Monty? And standard Magura pads?

We will see how they do :turned:

They wouldn't sell pads that they know will fall apart after a few rides would they!!

Pads generally won't fall apart, these pads will be made and put togeather in the same way as other pads are so there is no reason to doubt.

The only difference with these pads is their colour and more importantly their compund.

I'm not having a go at the pads because they do work really well and the glue is no dout fine but here's a bit of constructive critisism.

Plaz pads have a different backing so even if the glue fails they won't fall off. Any one who has taken them off the backing will know what I mean. Surly it would be better for these pads to have the normal magura backing as seen on black magura and plaz pads.

Secondly because the backing is so thin once the pads wear down half way the end of the pad will be behind the end of the metal of the slave cilinder, making it impossible to set them up close. Where as if you have a longer backing then you would be able to set the pad up propily even when it was worn.

Having said that the coust pads still provide amazing braking...which I guess is the main thing?

post-11-1084014058_thumb.jpg

To me my opinion is that you cant really get a better pad then the koxx bloxx, being that they last for ages,ive had mine since :-" well about 4-5 months and they still working ace, they work on both grinded rims and a clean rim, theres loadza pad on them.

The coustellier pads surely will work well cos they are being used ny the top rioders but can they give u what the koxx bloxx do?? Long lasting good braking??

Id say the cousts pads will where down alot quicker then koxx bloxx.

The smaller pads give u a more solid feeel on the lever but where down quicker in my experience, bein ghtta there isnt alot of backing once the poad is whered u have to buy new ones.

Im gonna stick wi my koxx bloxx! (Y)

Epoxy Resin, at a guess :-

I recon they are stuck using all the sex wee you lot have created while masturbating over anything Coust :-

You know what I think about these pads.... *Sarcasm*Coust made them so they have to be good *Sarcasm* I shall wait till they are tested properly first, Koxx bloxx are still the tried, tested and proven pads.

"Tic"

I really do want to know what's the glue they use  :- Anybody ? :-

I dunno what the Cous` used for their pads,but you know that superglue I used on my custom pads,it`s awesome,the pads will never break.

By he way ,epoxy resin+hardener glues don`t stick too well to the material the pad is made out of ... I know for sure (Y)

I just smashed my face with a ball peen hammer. turns out it was less painful than reading the rediculously stupid crap some of you people are posting. I honestly have considered the possibility that you are trying to sound that goddamn stupid....

(Y)

I have been riding with these pads (two versions, early and late prototype versions) for a while but it seems like no matter what I post about them and what kind of info I give, people just don't read it or ignore it and continue to post the dumnest things they can possibly think of.

I just smashed my face with a ball peen hammer. turns out it was less painful than reading the rediculously stupid crap some of you people are posting. I honestly have considered the possibility that you are trying to sound that goddamn stupid....

(Y)

I have been riding with these pads (two versions, early and late prototype versions) for a while but it seems like no matter what I post about them and what kind of info I give, people just don't read it or ignore it and continue to post the dumnest things they can possibly think of.

I read everything you put mate..

although im not interested in the pads, I agree with what you say...

BUT after all, its a chatty place and alot of random posts do get made..

Just ignore them, no point making posts like this cause as you say "they don't get read" and when they do it starts arguements..

Adios

word jang- someone will likely read that but because of their second grade reading comprehension level they will misconstrew it to mean something completely different like "have had no problems what so ever with the pads" will somehow turn into "the backings are smaller so they are clearly weaker and will all fail" once it hits their brains. o well... im just an angry person sometimes. :P

word jang- someone will likely read that but because of their second grade reading comprehension level they will misconstrew it to mean something completely different like "have had no problems what so ever with the pads" will somehow turn into "the backings are smaller so they are clearly weaker and will all fail" once it hits their brains. o well... im just an angry person sometimes.  :P

Why does it upset you so much? The one post I can see which asks stupid questions is blatently a piss take. Sure we get shite replies, and if I or one of the mods doesnt delete them, just ignore them like everyone else does - its not hard.

turns out it was less painful than reading the rediculously stupid crap some of you people are posting. I honestly have considered the possibility that you are trying to sound that goddamn stupid....

Bearing in mind the context, that mistake made me giggle.

Anyhoo, seeing as £9-ish a pair X-Hydras are making me spuff to this very day, I don't really see the need to spend £15+ on a pair of pads :(

Coust Pads + Rain > Koxx Pads + Dry > Plaz Pads + Dry

(In my experience, on a 47mm Try-All rim. Fresh grind with the Plaz, fresh and worn grind with the Koxx, worn grind only with the Coust)

Me = Happy Man :(

will everyone just shut up till u have tried them then if there crap complain and if they are f**king amazing then say they are f**king amazing kk

Erm Adam has tried them you fo!

Technically I could say I have too, as I have

Seemed pretty good on first impressions, would like to try them on my bike at some point too though.