Bmx Questions

BONGO

Does anyone know where to find out bmx spoke lengths?

I need to know the lenghts for:

Proper magnatanium on sun ryno lite 36h (Front)

Profile mini cassette on Primo balance 36h (Rear)

Thanks in advance.

call alansbmx.com. They will tell you. Pretend you are buying them from there until they give you the length though otherwise they won't bother...

john

Bars= Get some wide ass S&M slams and enjoy the free shoulder seperation surgery! I'm running some uncut slams and theyre really nice for airs and general bike control. I used to run Terrible 1 bars which withstood multiple bike-car crashes and some nice bails too. I reckon they're probably the best all round bars you can buy.

Tom

:S

• 2 weeks later...

Will the small black and gold 1 finger lever with oddesey (sp) slic cable dia compe hombre u brake and oddesey 1by4 pads be a good brake set up and do the pads need to be cantilever or threaded type.

Sounds good mate!Possibly opt for an Odyssey Evolver or the more expensive brakes over the hombre ,but not a big problem. !x4 pads are good, but you should look into some Plazmatics if you're after ultimate stopping power, although the brake will be a tad grabby!You'll need threaded pads for the hombre.

My Hombre's OK, really. Got no problem with it.

From experience, the Goldfinger lever feels a bit shite. It's a bit too short so you can't really get any leverage from it. Something like the Odyssey Monolever (£11-ish most places), the Dirty Harry lever (around a tenner) or the PrimoPro lever (bit more than those two) would give you way better braking.

Otherwise, that sounds pretty A-OK.

Will the small black and gold 1 finger lever with oddesey (sp) slic cable dia compe hombre u brake and oddesey 1by4 pads be a good brake set up and do the pads need to be cantilever or threaded type.

everything is fine except the lever. I swear to god they are shit. If you want a small lever buy an odyssey modulever small. If you don't like them get a dirty harry or a tech 77. They are both smooth and really powerful levers. Please please don't get a goldfinger single finger piece of shit though....

You can get dirty harry levers in black, gold, silver, green and redishpinky colour from here

cyclesportuk

The site takes a wjile to load but be patient thats the exact page you need (Y)

I ran a gold finger lever and it can assure you it was pap i ran it with an oddy cable and a fly brake with plaz pads that was set up perfect the brake worked and did hold but there was not much power in the brake when i needed it.

Edit: here is the pic from the site

IPB Image

Edited by spangler

As long as you're not a weedy fag though, you can get a wiggle on pretty quickly with "real" BMX gearing though? It's just a matter of leg-power. In the same way that a 1:1.5 ratio seems ideal on mods, it seems the 1:2.75(ish) ratio is ideal for BMX, really.