Pad Reviews

Mark W

I got my heatsink blues (in standard backings) about a month ago and basically i think they are great

I have tried many decent pads such as koxx bloxx in every different colour, cousts and heatsink reds and i by far prefer the blues

today while riding the brake felt great a fresh grind and a fresh bleed made me realize how phenomonal these pads are my brake gave me so much confidence that i've never had before with every time i hopped up onto the back wheel that reasuring squeal then the swoosh and squeal just made my bike complete gaps and sidehops became easier infact i did my biggest yet

i'm so pleased with my pads and i haven't had any problems with the black glue residue coming through the material

thanks alot, Steve

Gavyn

does anyone know any good pads for v brakes and a medium compound. The problem is is that the pads i got with my onza t-vee were really rubbish and keep on slipping. i did get a rim grind that they did at "tartybikes" so if you know any pads that would suit a bike like that it would be great. p.s. please give as much infomation as possible

Alex

does anyone know any good pads for v brakes and a medium compound. The problem is is that the pads i got with my onza t-vee were really rubbish and keep on slipping. i did get a rim grind that they did at "tartybikes" so if you know any pads that would suit a bike like that it would be great. p.s. please give as much infomation as possible

Alex

Hey Alex,

You could try some Onza V-Daptors and then use normal HS33 pads - we had a customer buy some for their T-Vee and they're getting on well with them!

The CRVs are great pads, but seldom produced - we've still not received the ones we ordered over a year ago!

Cheers

Adam

Pads: Viz Yellow

Time used:2 months +

Rim used: Viz and Echo

Grind: Yes

Brake used: Magura 97? The one where its says 'hs33 trial' on the lever

What is your opinion of a working brake: Locks and doesn't slip no matter what. 100%

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Not exelent

Review:

These pads worked ok at the beggining then went downhill. With a grind they were grippy but didn't bite so well. The lock wasn't solid. After using tar they locked an hour then would slip. I was scared of doing gaps when using these.

The ware rate was alright with a grind. Don't last forever. Noticable wear.

Onza Citrus pads are a better choice.

Edited by eskimo

Pads: Heatsink - Whites

Time used: About 2 hours

Rim used: Onza Ronnie

Grind: Yes - light/dead

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura HS-33, water bled, Echo booster. Rb Lever

What is your opinion of a working brake: Holds with out fail, No slipping, with a lil modulation. Doesn't wear fast. A nice noise too.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Better than Koxx greens, not as good as Zoo! (Zoo was on smooth rim with tar!) Yet

Review:

Got the pads on the bike, set them up really good, too. Had a quick ten mins messing about on some curbs. They were really good, noise? (Y) Hold? (Y) Slipping .... hell no!

Went out for a ride. Really good pad. They only slipped one, or twice. The only reason that was cause I hit the pallet with about 20% power as I was fecked. One of the bad point about these pads are they are pretty spongy , They lock and I could keep on squeezing them about 1/2 a cm. No noticeable wear, which is good.

I'll edit when I can ride again. I'll put a better grind on too. :turned:

Pads: Heatsink - Blues

Rim used: Onza Reggie

Grind: Yes - well an extremely light effort with a file!

Brake used: Magura HS-33 (front)

What is your opinion of a working brake: Holds with out fail, No slipping, Locks up quickly. Doesn't wear fast.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Better than Kool stops be miles! Louder than my Zoos!

Review:

Set them up on bike and checked everyhting over, good to go. Then poured some water on them and draged them for a bit so get the coating off. The bite and hold was awesome. I had been told these would be miles better than the kool stops but i couldn't believe how good they are. The noise is almost deafening from these aswell! Definitely recommened them! And the service from Steve was excellent as expected.

Pads: Zoo! pads

Rim used: Onza Ronnie

Grind: No - smooth rim

Brake used: Magura HS-33 (rear), with echo booster

What is your opinion of a working brake: Holds with out fail, No slipping, Locks up quickly. Doesn't wear fast.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Better than Kool stops be miles!

Review:

Similar to reviw above as setup at same time. Lock is immense no slipping at all. Even though i am still learning, i find having strong brakes like these is a massive confidence booster and helps you ride better. They don't slip unlike the kool stops. Very high pitched squeak from them, that assuring noise that the brakes are locked :)

How do Cousts hold on a rim with no grind?

If not very good, which is the best EVER pad to use on a rim with no grind?

Cheers

one word fer yah ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but got to get them quick as they aint made no more.

• 3 weeks later...

Pads: Koxx Bloxx Yellows

Time used: 2 weeks before i gave up

Rim used: Echo '06

Grind: Yes and no

Brake used: Magura 2003. Water bleed, 2x steel standard magura booster, std. lever.

What is your opinion of a working brake: One that will not slip, ever.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Appauling. Used CRM's/Monty/Rimjam Greens/Heatsink/Coustellier/Magura reds.

Review: First of all i had these on a worn grind, and they worked unsatisfactorily out of the box. Tried every trick in the book to wear them in, no luck. Tried a nice, sharp fresh grind, and this was no better. I was slipping forwards on loads of objects because of their wank-ness. Gave up after about 2/3 weeks due to safety reasons.

Whacked some old Heatsink yellows on the same grind and they worked well.

Their only good point was that they didn't wear at all, but thats not much use if they don't work at all.

Very poor :(