Pad Reviews

Mark W

Pads: Onza Citrus

Time used: 3 weeks I think :ermm:

Rim used: Echo '06

Grind: Yeh medium/light

Brake used: Magura 2003. Water bleed, RB booster. Standard lever

What is your opinion of a working brake: One that stops the wheel dead. And never slips.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Better than standard pads but dont have anything on Cousts. On par with Plaz's but have a slightly shorter life.

Review:

Squeezed them in the cylinders, rode down to where I ride (down a hill) done about 2 mins of riding then checked down to look at the pads.

Shock, Horror! the right pad had been eaten by the grind and I'd lost about 1.5mm of pad from one end of it making it touch the rim unevenly. Since then (3 weeks) they've worn down about 2-3mm and dont seem to be wearing down anymore. Guess they've bedded in :rolleyes:

As for performance, they have a really nice bite but have slipped once or twice. I feel pretty confident using them and for 11GBP guess you cant ask for much more.

Probally wouldn't buy them again although the left pad seems to be fine I might of been unlucky with the right.

Pads: Koxx Reds

Time used: around 2 months

Brake used: Maggy 05 with water bleed

Rim used: Echo 2006

Grind, yeah, nearly smooth, unfresh/dead

Tar: haha, no.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Bites straight away, and doesnt slip the slightest, and has a very nice loud bite.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Probably the best pads iv used, apart from HS blues, but they wore down too quick!

Review: I fitted them, and squared them up on the rim totally perfect. the brake was amazing and really loud and didnt slip the slightest, and then i got a puncture, and had to take wheel out of frame :( to fit a new tube. this made my brake go crap (N)

All i had to do was get each pad and just "touch" them on my grinder, to make the surface of the pad shiny, and them my brake was better than ever! Its still amazing and hasnt wore down much at all really, around 2mm max! in 2 months!

But sayign that, i havnt ridding atall for 3 weeks, intill yesterday...

All in all, best pads iv used IMO

Advise required:

Ceramic D521 rim, Magura, what pads for wet weather?

I have plaz CRMs, and there mint in the dry, but scary in the wet, even though its deosnt take long to dry them off.

considering:

koxx blue/green

heatsink blue

are there any better options?

Pads: heatsink snowys:

Time used: month/month 1/2

Brake used: old maggie with oil bleed

Rim used: koxx

Grind: was harsh, just left it

Tar: no.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Bites straight away, and doesnt slip the slightest, and has a very nice loud bite.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: much better

Review: fitted them, had to be set up wonky due to them being so damn fat, soo much material, it was just stupid. when they wore down abit, i set them up properly, and oh my god, the best brake ver, super loud, super bitey, super hold. just plain immense. let the grind wear flat now still loads of bite and noise, but can be modulated now too. not too good in the wet, still work well, but they go silent, but that could have been due to the flat grind and the mud/shit.

all in all, awesome pads. very pleased, and they didnt cost me a penny, thanks tom (Y)

Edited by ash-kennard

Advise required:

Ceramic D521 rim, Magura, what pads for wet weather?

I have plaz CRMs, and there mint in the dry, but scary in the wet, even though its deosnt take long to dry them off.

considering:

koxx blue/green

heatsink blue

are there any better options?

Ceramics arn't as good in the wet as a grind, end of. However, Monty Hydras were the best I used.

• 2 weeks later...

Used on front.

Pads: heatsink snowys

Time used:1 ride

Rim used:echo 06

Grind: No

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura

How do they compare to previous pads you have used:Best ive used on front.

Review:soon as i put them on they were mint stopped u dead had a nice noise aswell.If you like a front maggie with a bit of noise which dosent slip on a smooth rim then get these!

p.s i was using these pads on backwards mount forks which does help with the lock on brake.