Indoor Trials Evening

as it says in the title, indoor trials event, 6.30-9pm in llandudno there will be 4/5 sections and everything can be moved and re built as we go along if people get bored of the sections. if this is a success we will be able to start a year round trials competition, indoor all winter, outdoor all summer so come along and help jump start trials comps in north wales.

for more info pm me, i will update this from time to time but don't come on here much anymore...

friday 28th january 2005...

yeah its my council contacts yet again.

the lay out will probably be - 4 sections around the outside of the hall and a dual speed trials course through the middle. that should keep the evening entertaining enough, i know its not going to be massive but its INDOORS and in january when there is nothing dry to ride elsewhere!!!

it will be £1 entry for the evening, the money raised will go towards advertising and the purchase of new stuff to ride on so the more people who turn up, the better the next one will be!!!

see you all there and spread the word as much as you can...

there will be at least 4 marked sections which will be independant of each other. they will be marked out competition style but this will be removed if it is decided that an open layout would be better on the night. there may well be more than 4 sections but i need people to come up with section ideas that don't cost the earth, are not death traps and can be easily set up and stored indoors....

there will also be a speed trials course set up down the middle of the room for 2 riders to race each other along.

if you've got any ideas that you think may help chuck them on here, i'm open to suggestions...

as it says in the title, indoor trials event, 6.30-9pm in llandudno there will be 4/5 sections and everything can be moved and re built as we go along if people get bored of the sections.  if this is a success we will be able to start a year round trials competition, indoor all winter, outdoor all summer so come along and help jump start trials comps in north wales.

Nah what I mean is will you have a bigginer route. inter, expert ect

I woldn't bother with elite but I do think you need those 3 routes

there will not be seperate category's because this is the first one and we want to just run it as a all in and have a laugh type thing to judge the needs of the people who turn up...

there will be sections but it is not going to be run as a strict competition more as a session to test the water and see what interest we get. if this is a success the council will invest more money into the event and therefor the whole thing will get better and we will be able to expand.

cheers

tom

ps: any questions or helpful tips on indoor sections would be appreciated

So it's not really a comp then :S just people messing about on some pallets and stuff.

Don't wont to sound rude but you may have to make it a little more afficial because a lot of riders arn't going to travel a long distance to just have a ride (Y)

From what I read in the first post I didn't think it was ever going to be a competition?

as it says in the title, indoor trials event, 6.30-9pm in llandudno there will be 4/5 sections and everything can be moved and re built as we go along if people get bored of the sections.  if this is a success we will be able to start a year round trials competition, indoor all winter, outdoor all summer so come along and help jump start trials comps in north wales.

for more info pm me, i will update this from time to time but don't come on here much anymore...

friday 28th january 2005...

Looks like an indoor location has been found, and it will be full of obstacles put into sections, but can be moved about as and when required.

Sounds like a great idea to me, I'd certainly come along if I lived a lot close to North Wales :S

this one won't be a comp because we need to judge the demand before we fork out the set up costs of running a comp. this can run as a comp if thats what we want on the night, i am going to sort the venue and the obsticles and then leave the rest open to the riders who show up on the night...

if we decide there will be enough support we will start a monthly comp/indoor jam through the winter and then take things outside in the summer but that will only come if you turn up and air your views on this first event...

glad to see theres support. it looks like the koxx uk lads might be coming along, i've been talking to fred and we're hoping to sort something out where they bring along a couple of riders and a few demo bikes so it should be a great evening. if i get enough people definately coming along i might be able to organise a ride the next day too. fred suggested ogwen but we may have transport issues so if there is anyone who definately wants to ride ogwen i can look into hiring a mini bus but you'll all need to let me know...

looks like it will be a great day/ two days :D :-

im definitely up for riding in ogwen the day after the event too!!

and i am willing to help with the setting up of the course and stuff.

and if the koxx uk team can come then thatll be great too!

looking foward :closedeyes:

Will

Hi il deffo come down and have a bash will be good to meet a few otha people.

edited this post due to lack of brain workage!i did ask for the date.

so il put it right before people say read it 1st. sorryyyyyyy (Y)

Waynio........................

Edited by Waynio