Racism

munkee

Someone click the link? :D

Nah, anyway, Jon's right. It's simply a defining feature. If you choose to stone someone 'cos of it, you're acting on the information you have to act in a certain way. Totally ignoring it could be seen by people to be rude to, because people do have a pride in their history, e.g. black people over-coming prejudice and opression.

Yeah, so basically describing someone as "black" is a lot different to prejudging them because they're "black".

i think i wanted to say that but forgot in earlier post :D but yeah society is f**ked up and a lot of people think describing some as black is being racist, when its not!

mike

Someone click the link? 
:D thats almost got me before but nocticed where is was linked too. part of still wonders if its a real site :D :- Edited by leedstrials

Tall people, Short People, Happy People, Grumpy people - but never black or white people.

Sam

So its OK to describe people in terms of hight or mood, but not race?

I think its time everyone realised that people are different. Its not bad to describe someone as black so long as its not in an offensive way. You can say that we are all 'people', but the fact is we are all different types of people.

I think the main problem is that we recognise racism as racism. Stick with me on this for a second. In my opinion the moment we stop recognising black people as black, white people as white, Chinese people as Chinese... that is the point at which racism no longer exists.

Thats rubbish. The moment racism will no longer exist will be when no-one is descriminated against because of their race. Describing a person as black is not descriminating, its just describing them. Some people judge people by their race,and it is these people that are the problem, not the classification of the race of people.

Tell you the truth it depends on who is saying it an how you say it! there is no point you all gettin huffy puffy about it end of the day it happens aslong as you dont do it then stick to that, those people that are will get there beating at the end of it so there is really no point ranting

Racism is slowing going away, me being half cast i know this, but also if you do say the wrong thing to the wrong person dont expect to be sitting down at the end of the night, rather you'll be lyin on the floor,

and no we are not racist towards white poeple unless you provoke us why shouldnt we be if your doing it to us fair is fair and i really wouldn't give a f**k being racist back if some cu*t wants to be racist to me,

so to sum up what i just said if your not racist stay that way the world will be a better place if you are then expect the same back or expect to be jumped by atleast 5 people its the way it goes we dont stand around for non of it no more and neither should you so vice verser if it happens to you

luke

if you are then expect the same back or expect to be jumped by atleast 5 people

Wow, a post rivalling the usefulness of your

Your a wanker, IMO

Post from earlier. Good work, clown...

TheOnion article made me laugh. I like how they kinda keep the pretences up for quite a while :D

I must admit, when I first read an article from The Onion, I was fooled - then I caught on, and slapped myself for being so silly.... :">

I will never forget an article about Stephen Hawking, and his revamped Wheelchair - it was a rocket-suit (The type of gadget Bond has....) - so he could get up stairs!!!

And there was another one, claiming Bill Gates used to be a Window Cleaner - and Linus Torvalds (sp?) used to be a Penguin zoo keeper.....lmao

Tell you the truth it depends on who is saying it an how you say it! there is no point you all gettin huffy puffy about it end of the day it happens aslong as you dont do it then stick to that, those people that are will get there beating at the end of it so there is really no point ranting

Racism is slowing going away, me being half cast i know this, but also if you do say the wrong thing to the wrong person dont expect to be sitting down at the end of the night, rather you'll be lyin on the floor,

and no we are not racist towards white poeple unless you provoke us why shouldnt we be if your doing it to us fair is fair and i really wouldn't give a f**k being racist back if some cu*t wants to be racist to me,

so to sum up what i just said if your not racist stay that way the world will be a better place if you are then expect the same back or expect to be jumped by atleast 5 people its the way it goes we dont stand around for non of it no more and neither should you so vice verser if it happens to you 

luke

The way you say it, it seems that you are racist, but you hide your feelings until provoked. If some black guy started taking the piss for me being white, I'm not gonna turn round and suddenly decide to be racist. A) That's stupid for someone who considers themself not a racist and B.) I'd just be lowering myself to their level.

"The way you say it, it seems that you are racist, but you hide your feelings until provoked. If some black guy started taking the piss for me being white, I'm not gonna turn round and suddenly decide to be racist. A) That's stupid for someone who considers themself not a racist and B.) I'd just be lowering yourself to their level"

tell you the truth i dont really care if i would be lowering myself down to there level sometimes you have to and am prepared to do that. non of you can really say anything you havent been on the other end of it, i have and my post was not pointless whoever you are it states a fact of what most black people think when racism comes into it.

to say i am racist wouldn't be lieing mate am racist to other black people all the time as you say we call each other nigga etc all the time so i must be being racist and so what if i say it back am looking out for myself am not prepared to be pushed over by some retarded Sh*t that doesnt know the world has evolved since racism was fun. call me pointless racist what ever but like most people i would rather stick up for my race and myself than show that it does not effect me when someone says it.

and i bet every black person would say the same as me

Wow, a post rivalling the usefulness of your

Post from earlier.  Good work, clown...

TheOnion article made me laugh.  I like how they kinda keep the pretences up for quite a while :D

Meh am just sating the facts its seem that your post are also useless. with the one above, no need to get your kicks out of seeing people posting things then warning them,

good work, clown.....

pathetic :D

to say i am racist wouldn't be lieing mate am racist to other black people all the time as you say we call each other nigga etc all the time so i must be being racist and so what if i say it back am looking out for myself

I thought we decided that that wasn't being racist? *shrugs*

I see what you're saying. Some people put up with shit and don't cause a scene, and some people just let things be. I can't exactly have a go for you being different in that respect.

Woah, looks like a helluva lot of slating going on just because people are posting their opinions.

Seems a lot of people didn't agree with my view - but, like i said it is my opinion and it can't be changed. I jsut wanted to express myself.

I think there is a fine line between discussing something and putting someone down because of what they believe in...

Some of you have crossed that line. ;)

Same way that the healthy, average White causcasian male has the least rights out of anyone in the world, in terms of disputes like racism and so on. Most white males haven't got a leg to stand on, which is kinda funny. It's like the big swing-o-meter's still kinda moving, as opposed to trying to find a happy medium. Take feminism for example. It used to be well in favour of men (no voting for women, really shitty state of society for them), but now women are allowed to take a lot of the liberties against men that used to be taken against them, so it seems that there needs to be a balance.

Personally, I don't see the point any more in saying "25% of our workforce needs to be women", and other such quotas in that sense. You'd have kinda hoped that society today would've been open-minded enough to simply pick the best for the job, regardless of other sorta stuff like genre, race, etc.

Personally, I don't see the point any more in saying "25% of our workforce needs to be women", and other such quotas in that sense.  You'd have kinda hoped that society today would've been open-minded enough to simply pick the best for the job, regardless of other sorta stuff like genre, race, etc.

Thats exactly the point i was trying to get across before :o

Wish I could've got it across that clearly :o just couldn't find the right words!

sam