Brighton / University Of Sussex

Lunja

I'm studying Media Production at Lincoln at the moment, but it's not turning out to be quite like I thought... I've been looking at the Media Practice and Theory course at Sussex and it looks great! Is anyone studying there at the moment, or better still, doing the course? What's the Uni like?

Cheers

PS. These Q's are just for starters... :o

I study at Brighton uni and so does my mate Oli (cant_ride) Dont know anybody that studys at Sussex though although i pass through it every day on the bus route and its just across the road from the Brighton campus I live on. From what i have heard it is really good education wise and its a pretty well established uni. Some of The accomodation looks a bit cramped from the outside but then its an old uni so probably the same as many.

as for the area there is shit loads going on almost every night in the way of nightlife. Great selection of bars, nightclubs, pubs etc. Good student nights at very cheap prices. Parking is a nightmare if not impossible anywhere in Brighton. Very studenty area, although there is a minority of pikey scum but its not that bad. You should come down and take a look for yourself!

I'm gonna have trouble swapping over my courses... If I stay in Lincoln, I need to be looking for housing now, and so would be signing agreements in June. BUT, if I apply now through UCAS (because the deadline has passed) I won't hear a decision until July! By which time most of the places in halls at Brighton will be gone, leaving me with no decent place to live whatever happens! And I can't even drop it all and take a year out because the top-up fees start in 2006! :P (Y)

Has anyone else switched unis before and could help?