Dj Memorial Ride Anyone? 14th May '05 Portsmouth

stuntsbyjon

Thanks guys. Nicely said in my absence. I have started organising this one because I feel that I want to; simple. No-one has to come, but those that do will enjoy it for sure, and hopefully we can turn out a great video in order that those that don't or can't come, can witness it, and in some way feel as if they have remembered Deej in their own way too. :ermm: Jon.

Hopefully count me in!

Have to leave at about 6:30 in mornin to get there at about 11.....

And about £20 on train-fares alone

But im sure it will be worth it :D

Tom

EDIT: Woo its 2days after I leave school aswell :D

Edited by PythonRider

Pardon :D

You _do_ realise abingdon is miles away for all us southerners? Portsmouth is our abingdon so to speak.

What does it matter anyway, just go to which ever you want, your not forced to go to both :D

thats like bottling coke and selling it as pepsi

how can it be a Dj ride?

watever

thats like bottling coke and selling it as pepsi

how can it be a Dj ride?

watever

I don't know who you are but I new DJ, I was at his funeral, I cried my eyes out, and he wouldn't give a damn where we had a ride on the day he died, he'd probably be flattered that anyone thought to remember because he was one of the most humble and kind people I have ever met, and you really have some nerve coming out with that kind of shit.

Rich

I don't know who you are but I new DJ, I was at his funeral, I cried my eyes out, and he wouldn't give a damn where we had a ride on the day he died, he'd probably be flattered that anyone thought to remember because he was one of the most humble and kind people I have ever met, and you really have some nerve coming out with that kind of shit.

Rich

Word!

I wasn't lucky ehough to ride with him, or get to his funeral, but those of you that remember the pink rabbits and the posts that followed his passing, look a bit closer! I re-named my bike 'Deej', with permission from Mrs DJ, and I feel compelled to ride in his honour for every year that I am able to ride to show my respect. If I feel like showing my respect in bloody New Zealand I am sure that Deej would be proud that his memory is being represented in New Zealand, and not being forgotten! If you don't wanna ride at my memorial ride to him, then simply ignore the post, and continue in your own small world dude, cause you have obviously gone off on a tangent from the rest of us that want to show our respect.

Jon.

Word!

I wasn't lucky ehough to ride with him, or get to his funeral, but those of you that remember the pink rabbits and the posts that followed his passing, look a bit closer! I re-named my bike 'Deej', with permission from Mrs DJ, and I feel compelled to ride in his honour for every year that I am able to ride to show my respect. If I feel like showing my respect in bloody New Zealand I am sure that Deej would be proud that his memory is being represented in New Zealand, and not being forgotten! If you don't wanna ride at my memorial ride to him, then simply ignore the post, and continue in your own small world dude, cause you have obviously gone off on a tangent from the rest of us that want to show our respect.

Jon.

testify!

i am not to start arguing, but would it not be more sensible to have DJ's parents arrange something?

rather than a group of people here and another there?

i would be truely commited to coming over for a ride, but i want to be with his friends and his family at the same time,

like the funeral last year, the riding and the drinking and the community comming TOGETHER for one reason,

i am very confused by this, im not slagging anyone off, just trying to make my point here,

let his parents arrange somehting and everyone go to the same ride?

luisio, a friend

its like Dedicating a ride to someone all we are doing is Dedicating this ride to Dj a great guy.

this isnt like we are organising a official ride for him (Y)

all we want to do is to have a day where we can remember him.

i came along to the funeral last year and also attended this last year.

oviously Dj's parents are going to organise something them selfs for us riders which ill try to make it for! but we wanna just remember him in our own way!

please dont moan and bitch if you want to come please do or dont because its not "official" last i thought is you can remember people any where and with the people you are with!

cheers Rich

Cool, what are you gonna study here? Uni life here is pretty cool, loads of things to do, and I am the treasurer of the uni mountainbike club, its pretty cool too. We ride ever wednesday, and sunday, and the riding here is pretty cool too. (Y)

Edited by stuntsbyjon

Wow this is amazing, you have really touched Charlie and Me right to the heart that you are remembering our Son DJ. We agree he would be happy just knowing that you have remembered him wherever you are on the day.

It would be lovely to see the video footage taken on the 14 May.

We are organising a Memorial Ride here in Abingdon but it is likely to be on the 5 June at the same place as the ride on the funneral day.

Watch this space for more information nearer the time.

Many thanks to you all for being such a good bunch friends to DJ (both when he was alive and in his memory)

Love Sue :huh: :huh:

We are organising a Memorial Ride here in Abingdon but it is likely to be on the 5 June at the same place as the ride on the funneral day.

Watch this space for more information nearer the time.

I'll definatly go to that, I feel bad about not going to the last considering how far some people came, and I'm so close in comparison.