The Little Wheels Thread

Sameer

First off: My new Demolition wheel (Bullimia hub on Demo rim) is f**king awesome.

Secondly: Voices.

Hmm.

It was a weird vid. A large majority of it was really, really good, but it did sorta seem like at times it was just grind, grind, grind, savage fall, grind, grind, grind, stair drop, grind, grind, grind, big drop, grind... etc.

Joe Cox's section was awesome though. Really like his style. Was nice to see manually/nose manually/hang 5...er..."ee" stuff in it.

But yeah, good vid, but it almost got a bit repetitive. I watched it straight through, and then the extras, but stopped it after the Ricky Feather section just 'cos I couldn't really be bothered any more...

Good video though, would recommend it...

Mines 409/500. Didnt think much to it to be honest. But pretty good for a tenner. Ive described it to people as comparable to a cheesy skateboard video in terms of filming and editing. However, some riding is wack, but its few and far between... if that made sense?

Worth getting if you've got a spare tenner and some spare time.

Although, by the looks of things (from the credits) these guys are all students, so how they fitted all the filming, editing etc in whilst at uni confuzzles me, so good on em for how much they achieved whilst being educated with work to do at the same time. (Y)

J.

Yeah to be honest, reading over my post - it's way over stated. I still think it's the best video in my collection (of about 20 odd DVD's) but I wouldn't, er, jump off a cliff for it. :ermm:

But yeah anyway, they took like over a year to make it so I'm sure there was plenty of free time during then.

Oh and that Battle Royale video doesn't work for me. :( I have all the Quicktime everythings so it's not that. Oh well.

I think mine's either 423 or 429/500.

I've warmed to it a bit more now. Some sections are still amazing after several viewings, but others still don't really do it for me much. It would've been better if it'd been more broken up, almost, so there wasn't a shitload of grinding, then some other stuff, then a load more clips of grinding. Just more balanced, I guess.

Either way, still worth a tenner :)

Battle Royale vid

Vid of Battle Royale which some of you may have seen in October's issue of Ride UK!Pretty good riding from Cookie and others,Ben Lewis eats shit trying that crank grind!Pretty cool event, imagine having that in the trials world!

ben landed smith to HARD 180 of a DOWN sloped box tonight....

ben landed smith to HARD 180 of a DOWN sloped box tonight....

Kid is insane!180 out of a smith is hard enough seeing as your back wheel is so high up,but hard way,thats just sick,as well as on a down slope!Was this at rampworx?NUTS!

Oh and Sameer, the only thing that worked for me to play that battle royale vid was VLC player, dunno if you can be arsed to get it. Vid is pretty shit quality but shows the scale of the event, has most of the things that were in Ride UK like Bowlheads bombdrop and Marv's superman seat grab barspin at cockmaster and shit.

Yeh, the riding doesn't seem that great for many reasons.

You've probably seen 90% of those tricks pulled in skatepark situations, or on the trails, which are let's face it, predictable and perfectly made for riding (Most trails and skateparsk anyway! :P ). However this is just raw street riding! Thin pieces of wood to launch out of, skate stoppered rails etc.!Also, you've seen pros doing all those tricks, yet I don't think any of those riders are proffesional riders. The prizes consisted of £100, a bottle of cider and a tenner!Those kids still rip though!Ben Lewis demands muchos respect.

Just thought I'd give my thoughts on the Federal 9 and a half days vid.

What a waste of space! I wouldn't want to own that dvd if someone gave it to me. A poor follow up to Trafaelo- the only good bit is in the extras at the Decoy jam and thats only 4 minutes long! Yeah it's a fiver but thats 2 pints of cider and black. Poor excuse for a bmx video in comparison to what you can buy out there. Obviously they were short of footage as the repeated sequences of lines from different angles indicates but honestly, why bother?

Tom (N)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sam,

If you've got any kind of Torrent software, you can download the video. Just search for BMX videos, and it's like Odyssey.video.capture.by.HASHMAN or something like that. Anyway, it's that full vid. Already had it on my computer before someone pointed it out there. Well worth getting ;)

Mark