Profile Hub, Or White Industries Eno

SQuiT-man

I run profile elites on my nomad and it’s mega. But don’t fancy shelling out the same again for my pashley build. I know the frames 135mm and want rim brakes to keep it old school so what rad hubs with out disk tabs lads? 
Or anyone want to sell me a set of rad hubs. Got some sick sunn ZJ18’s to lace up

B3E31B61-948F-421F-9F5B-E8385D3D788D.png

Box Components has a new one way roller bearing freewheel on the way, the Box One Stealth Expert rear. It's only in 110mm so far, but does anyone have trials experience with one way bearings? I had a Pulstar hub back in the day with them, but I didn't ride trials. I really loved that hub and it was dead silent. Sadly it was stolen along with the Homegrown it was attached to.

4 hours ago, Swoofty said:

Box Components has a new one way roller bearing freewheel on the way, the Box One Stealth Expert rear. It's only in 110mm so far, but does anyone have trials experience with one way bearings? I had a Pulstar hub back in the day with them, but I didn't ride trials. I really loved that hub and it was dead silent. Sadly it was stolen along with the Homegrown it was attached to.

The general consensus is: don't.

There's too much torque in trials. I've not run one, despite desperately wanting the silent hub, because of a couple of people that have had them. Both reported they occasionally slipped through, and even when they didn't they could feel a little spongey.

Pretty much.  The RB Tractor hub wasn't great, the Shimano hubs that had that system didn't seem great, and pretty much all the others I've seen since then haven't been particularly well reviewed either.  They just seem to be the thing that hub companies do when they know they can't compete with a standard 'ratchet and pawls' combo, and can't work out a way around the King ring drive patent. 

It's a cool concept, but when your primary focus is a reliable drivetrain they don't seem to be the way to go.