Communication

Howard Hughes

Had a thought... Mainly based around msn and other online instant message programmes. (inc. e-mail)

Do you think that people will grow out of msn as they age, or will it become excepted one day as a house hold communication tool like the telephone? (which cut down the use of sending letters, and telegrams and so on...)

I just got this idea as I recently tried to cut down on using it... only when I needed to, yet I still find myself on there a regular basis. I havent used a telephone for ages now mainly because of msn (and being a recluse :huh:" ).

Could this be the start of the end of tele-communication? (or a mass reduction at least)

Imagine it: Us in our old ages, orgainising coffee mornings and church fundraisers with Doris and Ronald via online chat?

Kind of scary to think how technology is coming along, will it ever get to the point where we never have to step outside, with all this e-commerce and working from home malarky-babble. - I sure hope not.

Maybe I have been thinking to much? - Thoughts, opinions and soft insults. welcome.

what if your out in the woods and dont have a laptop or a wireless internet connection.

what are you gonna do then. mobiles will take ove thte world. well they already have.

thechink

Even if you had a wireless enabled laptop you'd need be in a hot spot so that wouldnt be much use.

Its the communication tool of a generation, just like the phone was for the Ron's and Don's of the 1920's (whenever the phone was introduced), I imagain when it was introduced it wasn't used by all (those who actually had it) at first, the probably went to see who they wanted to speak to, until it was intregrated into society

what if your out in the woods and dont have a laptop or a wireless internet connection.

what are you gonna do then. mobiles will take ove thte world. well they already have.

thechink

Interesting, I ment it more as people cutting down on phones, (rather than pure extinction)

Like how people have cut down on older forms of communication. Example: People make a phone call instead of writting a letter.

I kind of agree with the mobile phone thing in someways, something I over looked as I was intentially thinking of landline phones, but your right, especially with text messeges (with its own stupid language) and wap....

• 11 years later...
On 2/17/2005 at 2:23 PM, Howard Hughes said:

Do you think that people will grow out of msn as they age, or will it become excepted one day as a house hold communication tool like the telephone?

:lol:

Amazing, back in 2005 we had no concept of MSN ever going away.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2005 at 8:23 PM, Howard Hughes said:

Had a thought... Mainly based around msn and other online instant message programmes. (inc. e-mail)

Do you think that people will grow out of msn as they age, or will it become excepted one day as a house hold communication tool like the telephone? (which cut down the use of sending letters, and telegrams and so on...)

I just got this idea as I recently tried to cut down on using it... only when I needed to, yet I still find myself on there a regular basis. I havent used a telephone for ages now mainly because of msn (and being a recluse :huh:" ).

Could this be the start of the end of tele-communication? (or a mass reduction at least)

Imagine it: Us in our old ages, orgainising coffee mornings and church fundraisers with Doris and Ronald via online chat?

Kind of scary to think how technology is coming along, will it ever get to the point where we never have to step outside, with all this e-commerce and working from home malarky-babble. - I sure hope not.

Maybe I have been thinking to much? - Thoughts, opinions and soft insults. welcome.

Haha this is pretty spot on how it actually is now! Interesting 

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 6:39 PM, JT! said:

Mypsace killed MSN. Facebook killed myspace.

What annoys me these days is people try and have conversations with you over Snapchat.

I'd rather have a conversation on snapchat than see another twat with a ring of butterflies around their head :) 

• Like 2