Spraying My T-rex And Forks

ian

hi

im not sure if this is the right place to put this topic but hey.

im thinking about re-spraying my frame but not sure which colour to go for.

i have black rims bar and stem, silver maguras and soon to have tensile UCI cranks.

i was thinking of trying to get it all a polished look like the rear of the frame but im not to sure on how to achieve the look.

and i have also heard from different people that the flames are just stickers and can be removed to leave a polished frame. (is this true). and i wouldnt spray it my self i would take it to a proper place to be done if i went for a colour.

and could someone photoshop me some pics of the frame. cant upload any of my bike due to digi cam not working at moment.

thanks ian

I've just finished mine-got bored of the flame thing. I stripped the lacquer and paint off and, as you mention, underneath is actually a very nice polished finish, even under the black so if that's the finish you want just get out the Nitromors!

edit:

gallery_1823_7_73957.jpg

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

I've just finished mine-got bored of the flame thing.  I stripped the lacquer and paint off and, as you mention, underneath is actually a very nice polished finish, even under the black so if that's the finish you want just get out the Nitromors!

edit:

gallery_1823_7_73957.jpg

Dave

I Like that, but I'm not keen of the forks. Apart from that, sweet!

Although a polished frame would look good, it would look very similar to Cousts and Pitbulls.

Why not try bright blue or something like that.

Edited by Boothy

im thinking about jsut going for a polished frame untill i can find somewhere that i can get it sprayed properly and baked so it doesnt chip off.

then i'll need to find somewhere to get some stickers made up.

im thinking about re-spraying my frame but not sure which colour to go for.

[...]

and could someone photoshop me some pics of the frame. cant upload any of my bike due to digi cam not working at moment.

thanks ian

Hmm, keep us up to date on this then as I'm thinking about doing mine too.

I'm wondering about doing mine in a matt finish, Kona did a nice matt green on a jump frame back a bit, a bit sludge coloured maybe, but it might suit these frames ... and there is always urban camo of course ...

I can't help with the photoshop, but there is a picture of my pretty much stock t-rex here, if anyone wants a picture to mess about with - (although the cranks are in a bit of a rubbish position I've just realised).

Mark

I've found the halfords car paints are pretty good and you can get every shade of every colour known to man fairly cheap.

Hammerite paint is pretty good aswell but in less colours and a more textured finish.

Aslong as you strip it properly and then spray it really carefully (that guide is good so probably best using that) theres no reason you cant get a finish that looks like its from a factory.

If your stripping the paint would you mind posting a pic of it in all silver? No worries if you haven't got a camera or wont have it with you or whatever but it'd be cool to see one in silver and nobody can photoshop silver.

EDIT: No worries about the pic, just seen Tom "Lankeeman"'s video (Y)"

Edited by nbr-chris

I've just finished mine-got bored of the flame thing.  I stripped the lacquer and paint off and, as you mention, underneath is actually a very nice polished finish, even under the black so if that's the finish you want just get out the Nitromors!

edit:

gallery_1823_7_73957.jpg

Dave

Yeah that paint job is pretty darn sweet, i just hate those forks they're sooo :( .

Joe.