Desperate Help Needed

Rob Thomson

Hey folks,

Basically I (my girlfriend) needs to know how to do the Mann Whitney (U?) test as part of her coursework. They ain't been taught this or anything and have been left to basically figure it out. Could someone be a super mega star and basically tell me how to do this test?

We can find out comparing 2 sugars...but she has 6! Does this mean antyhing to anyone, and could they help...

You really would be saving the day, week, year, course, life, Uni course....Please?? :)

Cheers muchly,

Rob.

Edited by Mr_Tweek

I've done this as part of my course at uni. Statistics is a load of bollocks (And doesn't really have much to do with medicine...). Anyway, I don't see how she could NEED to use it for A-Level. I don't think it's the kind of test you can do with a pen and paper and a calculator. I think you need some kind of statistics program for a computer. The one I've used is StatsDirect.

If you don't have access to something like that, try something simpler like Chi-squared?

Hope that's of some use.

EDIT: Done a little bit of Googling, and you probably can do it without a PC, but it's not exactly easy.

• 17 years later...

As a small business owner, I found that good help is hard to find. I'm hoping you can recommend someone to help maintain and grow my business. We are looking for a professional who can create smaller marketing campaigns using social media, write copy for blogs and articles, or even work with our website design. Now you can follow  super p-force to learn more new information about the medicine Our brand message is strong, so the person we hire will have to have plenty of initiative in order to make suggestions within our established boundaries.