New Bike

Rich Pearson

Finally got my leeson together with all the new parts, thought I'd whack up a few pics to see what people thought;

Things I love about it are that this is one of the shortest stock frames there is, measuring in at 993mm in wheelbase (with lyte guys), the middleburns (with custom leeson bashring) are approaching their 5th birthday, the whole bike, despite having a steel frame, weighs in at about 21lbs, and of course it has all the innovation Leeson can throw at it.

gallery_5022_7_29957.jpg

'05 HS33 with carbonique booster, Heatsink batch B 2005 pads, D521 rim, maxis minion tyre and NSE mini seat.

gallery_5022_7_96259.jpg

Try-All bars (aproaching their 3rd birthday), XTR front brake (with upside down rear lever...) koski stem (no stem cap), drilled out Lock on grips, Lyte guys forks and an FSA orbit UF headset (red, coloured in with black marker pen...)

gallery_5022_7_27669.jpg

Radially laced American Classic Micro 68 on mavic XM719. Sub 500grams... Oh and a Panaracer Fire XC Pro, still going strong.

gallery_5022_7_96757.jpg

Also, after deciding to get a jump/street/slalom bike, managed to find a full Trek Bruiser, (it came with beastly rigids on it) for 250quid brand new (www.paulscycles.co.uk). For what it cost, its sodding amazing.

gallery_5022_7_56951.jpg

As I said, it came with some Trek rigid forks on it (which weighed more than the marrazochi's...) but I found some old EXR Comp's in the shed, took the crappy stickers off, whacked 'em on and they seem to work quite nicely.

gallery_5022_7_2583.jpg

Everything about this bike is just basic; promax V-brakes, truvative cranks, bontrager finishing kit, it all just works and works well, and for what I spent on it I'm pretty happy.

gallery_5022_7_132994.jpg

Well, hope you like them, now I've just got to wait for the beasly scars on my ankles to heal, and then teach myself to walk again before I can swing a leg over either of them.

Life goes on...

Rich

is that just what it looks like? or is it just the light?

**sprints downstairs to check**

Woah, had me worried there for a moment. Nah, they're not cracks, its just that the frame was origianally designed as a disc only frame, but the avid mechanicals I ran snapped the frame, so clive had to do a bit of hasty rewelding to get it back to me in time for the next comp, looks a little more sloppy than Leesons usual standard, but apparently Clive got in the post at about 10am, had finished rewelding it by 3pm, and Kris got it to the Post Office for the five o'clock post. that includes stripping the frame of components (I just sent the whole bike), and installing and setting up a V-brake (now replaced with magura).

Do the holes in the grips make a lot of noticeable difference to the weight of the bike  

nice bikes

Phil.

When it comes to drilling parts on your bike, its the parts that take the least stress of all that people just totally seem to look past, i.e, grips and seat (my mini seat has all the bits underneath it cut out to save weight.)

Note: it is only adviseable to try this with lock on grips which have the plastic inners. Ask Tic about my attempted drilling of normal grips...

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret