!need Help Please!

Bigman

Righty then, the other day my axle snapped, and i have no idea of how i am gunna remove it, nick has sent me a tool which we used to remove his last week but it has yet to arrive, and i want to get it all taken apart today so that i can send the relevent parts that i need to, thing is, is it has snapped just inside the cassette body, right by the notched lock rin, there is no was of clamping anything on there, so basicly what can u guys think i could try.

Pic:

gallery_84_50_161238.jpg

Thanks

Adam

1 x 5mm allen key

1 x lockring adjusting tool

Hold lockring with tool (might need a vice), and then undo the non drive side end cap with allen key. Lockring should then unscrew easily (holding the axle by hand).

That is what nick has sent me, but it has not arrived, that idea works easy, but at the moment i have no lockring tool.

Adam

If you wedge something between an axle and the cassette body so you can undo the axle you will f**k the bearings. :o"

Good Job I wasn't telling him to that then wasnt it?

I was talking about jamming it in the axle its self. Not your dodgy interpritation.