Nbr 2005 Competition

that NBR dude

I have 2 jobs, meaning I work 7 days a week. Any spare time I have is either spent on my bike, or seeing my friends. Im sorry but I honestly dont have time to sit and work it all out. If anyone else wants to do it, fell free, but like I say, I really dont have the time.

Send me all the results and i will do it.

trials360[@]hotmail[.]com

Or if you need my address to send the sheets to, give us a shout on MSN or here, and i'll give you it.

i know excactly how you feel because i'm in a very similar situation, don't make it sound like we're being un reasonable just ask for help. i'll happily do it, post me the results or email them through (if simon cant or doesn't want to).

also seeing as you organised the event its really down to you to make sure that someone sorts the results out, i'm not saying its your job but those of us who came and rode want to know how we did...

tom

Now I probably shouldnt post this really, but I feel all who attended should know about this.

Just had an interesting meeting with the council member (people who came the day before will know who I mean) about the money issue. Now he originally wanted to take £500 off of the profits to as a fee, which I felt was totally unreasonable. In the end, the number of riders was unknown so we agreed to half each, with my half going towards DJs memorial. Now we raised "£700", £100 of which was deducted for trophies and other expenses, leaving £600 remaining, therefore £300 each. Now mr council man isnt happy with £300 and has complained, auditing me, making me come up with all recipts, ect to prove my figures. He wants to take £500, leaving me with £100 to donate. Now this is totally unfair and going against a verbal agreement.

I took my dad with me to the meeting today, and even he said that this guy is totally unprofessional in the way he opperates. He compained to me that he had to take 3 days off work to help the event where he wasnt payed, dismissing the fact that I had to take time off as well. My dads advice was to improvise, so we have fudged figures showing how we ony raised £500 therefore only giving him £200 on the 50% agreement. We are even going to ask for recipts from him as to where the money is used, and not going into his own pocket!!

I would just like to hear some comments from you guys, so I can possibly relay some responses of the people involved, as hopefully you feel as disgusted as I do!! In my personal opinion I dont even see why I should pay 50% of what I earnt for charity considering the amount of help he really gave :)

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

That guy was an arse hole from what I saw of him. And to try and take as much money as possible from a charity is an outrageous thing to do :) What a dick.

Im really sorry andy that this event is dragging on. Fight the cause as much as possible.

Andy, is this the surveyor guy? Or the really tall one who seemed alright? Or the guy with the Landy?

Either way, seems stupid. You should get all customs and exiles on his ass!

The tall alright seeming one!

If he wants to get silly and technical over money, we will get silly and technical. I wasnt going to charge him for the punch cards, entry form photocopies ect, but if hes going to behave like this, I am now. we are going to show him that he cant just walk all over us!!

The thing that gets me most upset about this, is he doesnt even seem to care or understand where the money is going. You would think most people would have some kind of compassion for this kind of thing. Oh and, if all else fails, the Daily Echo and all other newspapers will hear about this one!!

I think you'd be right to threaten him with going to the local papers or maybe over his head at the council? The event was effectively an elaborate fund raiser for DJ and in my mind no 'profits' should go anywhere else. If you do have to give him half the 'profit', fudge away and give the council (not him) as little as you can get away with.

In my mind councils are one of the most inefficient organisations in the known universe, employing 10 people to do the work one person would usually do in a company. Don't give in Mr Green!!

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

• 2 weeks later...

That guy was an arse. If him and the hands and feet guy hadn't been there it would have been the same trial but with more time spent setting it up rather than them arguing with us riders over where all the stuff should go.

If he's complaining about taking time off work unpaid. What those like you and tic who were there all 2 days. Also all the other riders who were there all sat and all sunday who helped out because it was for a good cause and because it was a good experiance and great fun. Mitch's dad who was there sat and sun with spending time making things safer and better to ride. Using his own tools and screws.

That makes me want to swear a lot.

Dan

Personally i think all of the money raised (if you had taken to the council that borrowing the land was to organis an event that was in aid of a tragic accident and all the people attending from far and wide were coming JUST to support the DJ fund) should have gone to the DJ fund, no doubt in my mind, obviosly the expenses and stuff you had to go through andy is fair play but surely you would have rather seen every penny from all your effort go to the fund???? and the council guy is obviosly a con artist i wouldnt even give him a penny, id write a letter to the council putting your point across and see what they say. obviosly if you can get away with giving them the least amount of money possible and more towards the DJ fund the better.

IMO if i went to the council and said "i want to orgasnise an event to promote trials and keep kids out of trouble" im sure they would really like to give it a go and lend me land for free??? as one day they can get alot of advertisement out of it and it puts on an event/show that people who end up seeing may interes them more, weather it be a skate board competition/trials/bmx/ bloody balloon blowing up competition. it doesnt matter im sure the council would appreciate the effort put in by yourself and look at it in a different way, especially for what the donations go to. i would any way if i was some dude from the council id be thinking "god this young man has gone out of his way to organise this and its for a great fund" unless the council guy had to pay for the insurance and stuff??? maybe thats where it could get a bit tricky cos the insurance and stuff for events can get quite ££ expensive but still id see how you get on.

alot of people on here who turned up im sure will want most of the money to go towards the DJ fund. i certainly wouldnt like £500.00 or the £600.00 going to someone who didnt really put that much effort into it. as yourself and the other helpers andy put alot of effort and work into it therefore you should reap the reward.

Waynio.................................

Im totally shocked, thats really appawling that a guy could be this serious in taking from a charity like this that obviously means a lot to a lot of people, who have put a LOT of work in. All I can say is to hope that the council realise what is happening here, and are reasonable.

Scott

P.s. The idea about getting it printed in the Echo is good, could potentially be a good source of suport from the public.

Edited by SQuiT-man

That guy was an arse. If him and the hands and feet guy hadn't been there it would have been the same trial but with more time spent setting it up rather than them arguing with us riders over where all the stuff should go.

If he's complaining about taking time off work unpaid. What those like you and tic who were there all 2 days. Also all the other riders who were there all sat and all sunday who helped out because it was for a good cause and because it was a good experiance and great fun. Mitch's dad who was there sat and sun with spending time making things safer and better to ride. Using his own tools and screws.

That makes me want to swear a lot.

Dan

Hands and feet guy was a wanker, he was a wanker last year when we did the demo, he was a wanker this year at the comp.

To be fair Steve the bloke from the council did help a lot, without him driving around in the van we wouldnt have got many of the 'obstacles' to the venue. I spose me or Andy could have rented out the truck but I expect a male driver under the age of 25 would get laughed at by the hire company. I also got the impression that the council bloke helped out finding suppliers for the stuff we used, only Andy knows the full story but for example we might not have got all those skips without his help? Its just a shame its turned out he is being a wanker about the money situation.

For the record that comp will have cost me a fair bit of money. I travelled to and from Salisbury and West Moors all 3 days, I also gave Manning lifts home to Bournemouth and was a guide for Phil Williams to follow around the confusing roads of Bournemouth to Mannings house. I was 'ill' from work on Sunday (That BBQ on Saturday gave me chronic shits and I had terrible sun burn :- ) I dont get paid sick leave either so my pay slip this month showed £48 of unpaid sick leave!

So thats x3 50 mile round trips, plus the run arounds with Manning and Phil so lets say 200 miles petrol so thats a good £25 on fuel that weekend. Wage loss due to being 'ill' is adding nearly another £50 lost plus all the food, drink, time and effort (I was there for a good 10 hours on the Friday, another 15 hours on the Saturday [if you include messing round at mannings with all the Northern monkeys] plus however long on the Sunday). I also paid out £10 to enter. So yeah, that bloke from the council can f**k off if he wants to make that much money from this event, I paid out easily over £100 of my own money that weekend and put in as much effort as him. I could have got into a lot of trouble at work for being 'ill', I am also hoping that IT are not monitoring T-F and reading this since I got caught posting on here during work time :sick:

Woah, sorry I have gone on a bit, but if Andy requires any more figures to give the council bloke my approximations are up there ;)

Tic