Taking The Piss Out Of "no Seat" Bikes

SebJT

Went out riding wednesday evening. At about 9.45pm i was riding on brighton seafront. I stopped for a bit with my brother and his friend. Just kinda standing over my bike.

Three woman and two blokes (all late 20s) walked past and one of the blokes goes haha they havent got any seats. (the usual :P ) The other goes they must have gone up their arse... Then while walking backwards look at our bikes walked into a post which "went up his arse" so we all laughed because of the irony. Then he flipped and starting coming towards me shouting: "you need f***ing knocking out mate" he then came up to me, me thinking he was gonna start squaring up to me but no, he punched me hard straight in the face. Then started shouting at me to get me off my bike but then realised i was bleeding so walked off.

I immediatly thought he had broken my nose, due to the large amount of blood. But instead he had split my lip.

Went to A and E and after 4 hours of waiting to be seen i was seen be a doctor. He told me it was quite bad and needed stitches but that would have to be down by a plastic surgeon because it was on my face. He said the good news was that there was one available and he was willing to see me that evening. But he was in eastbourne. So we had to go there (over 30mins away) After getting there and waiting another hour was finally seen by him.

After 30mins in surgery:

lip.jpg

2 stitches outside and 4 inside and a very swollen lip. He told me the cut went striaght through the lip hence stiches needed on both sides.

All i can say is f***ing p**ck :P

Seb

I've got a seat. If nothing else, it stops all the Gayfags™ pointing out that I have no seat.

But that sucks really hard. I would get him done for assault, teach the fanny a lesson. I hate the way people can be drunk (?), abusive and violent and get away with it.

Surely you and your mates could've defended yourselves? Sorry but I don't understand how someone can punch you and you not feel the urge to beat them senseless untill they start crying Uncle...

Sorry it happened though mate! Hope it gets better soon!

James

Surely you and your mates could've defended yourselves? Sorry but I don't understand how someone can punch you and you not feel the urge to beat them senseless untill they start crying Uncle...

James

Problem is, people like that dont do it when they are alone, they do it when they have others to jump in when you start fightinh back. Ive had it done to me; i guuy started sqauring to me and his mate came up from behind me and punched me in the back of the head. Theres no winning in those situations unless you can take on three people all at once or something... i hate people who think theyre "hard" but the really just have backup who will save them if they pick on someone too big for them

Seb, that's crazy!

Once in Brighton I got started on by this guy. He was talking to us for ages then suddenly went to get my arm behind my back, which I dodged, but he managed to get me in a headlock and I felt all the vertibrae in my neck compressing and he was just screaming at me. In the end he let go but I wasn't too happy. He went off, saying next time he would have the bike...

Apart from that Brighton has always been ok for me, but sometimes you do get characters down there. I bet that guy was one of those twats that has too much to drink and then thinks that all his mistakes (hitting the post) is somebody elses fault. For Christs sake, he had just taken the piss out of you guys.

It makes you angry, I know. I got knocked out by some guy when I was 18. Can't even remember why. He fell of his bike or something, and then I woke up in some old person's house with the Police around me. BTW, hope you told the Police - worth seeing if they can get a lead on him. There's CCTV all along there (where abouts was it?).

They're just wanker these people. Total wankers. You get people like that up here in Liverpool and they'll dish out the abuse, but when it turns back on them they can't take it. If it happens again, throw your bike at him. Just throw it at his head as hard as you can.

But I know what you mean, you don't want to make the first move, and then their hit comes out of left field. It just sucks, especially when you and your bro were just out for a relaxing ride. It's always rubbish when something spoils your day/week/month like that.

Anyway mate, you've got my sympathy - that cut does look a bit harsh. I should think it'll heal ok if it's been stitched properly. Just a damn shame, I thought Brighton was better than that...

EDIT: If you get a Police crime number, then you may as well put in for a 'compo' claim, seeing as everyone else does. Who know's, you might get a couple of grand dished out. Just say you're traumatised. This system created animals like that, so you might as well milk some money back out.

Edited by snappel

James

Put yourself in the same situation, sure you would have layed into him, put him on the floor and kicked the shit out of him putting him in A+E straight after taking a hit to the face and [probably] going to the floor </sarcasm>

Quite simple, that IS ASSAULT, go to the police :P If they do manage to find the person who hit you he will have little to no defence. Even if he only gets community service or a fine he still gets its recorded against his name, if he does anything out of line again, or has had previous convictions the f**ker will get in 'proper' trouble!

At least the wanker wasnt carrying a blade/knife!

Put yourself in the same situation, sure you would have layed into him, put him on the floor and kicked the shit out of him putting him in A+E straight after taking a hit to the face and [probably] going to the floor </sarcasm>

Tic if anyone hit my brother quite fankly I'd go off the rails... Say if some guy came up to you in Poole whilest we were with you and just hit you, we wouldn't not do anything...

Its just plain out of order to act like that and yeah you should contact the police CCTV is surprisingly good these days but thats if the cops get of their ass to look at it!

James

No offence meant to anyone who's given advice but few of the above are real solutions.

Seb, at the end of the day, you're ok. I'm glad it didn't become even more serious. Throwing a bike at a person like this? - YOU'D be the one ending up done for assault..... "Defending yourself" is much the same and I understand perfectly why someone wouldn't lash back in such an attack - the initial shock of it even happening for a start.

It's not advice really, well maybe it is... But maybe sometimes the best thing to do in a lot of these situations is just ride away (assuming you'd have the time to do so)

Big deal if your pride gets hurt - you live another trialsing day safe in the knowledge that this dickhead will someday try it on with someone and get their own back.

Karma - it DOES come around....

Tony

you did well to walk away from it,

even the most feeble of people can end up going crazy in a situation like that, and you wouldn't wanna do something you'd regret.

best to get out and stay safe as it's a one off. however if it was an ongoing problem then it might be time to get in there and kick some ass.

if i was you id go home and hunt that mofo down, and get some revenge with a bat.

Nice nice nice. Maybe a Crowbar? Or a TireIron?

ANyways... i just got my bike yesterday and already people are like a a crappy bike... it has no seat or forks.. Yah it has forks there rigid lmao!

Anyways ... sorry to hear that Bud... Sh!t happens... Dumbass' are everywhere

Thanks for everyone's sympathy.

For the people saying "you should have beated the crap out of him" Im not exactly small, 6'1" and not too weedy either around 12stone. But I have never been in a fight and well yes i could have maybe done more damage than he could to me but, he was about 30years old, looked like he'd definatly been in fights before, about 6ft tall and easily 15stone of mostly muscle. And being the single punch punctured my lip i think he would have caused me a lot more harm. As for my brother and his mate theyre both 16 and not exactly the biggest of built people.

I just took it didnt move, didnt react or anything except spit blood on the floor which made him leave. Which i think was the best and only way to deal with it.

Anyway i have to be back at work, ill write more later.

Seb

If you get a Police crime number, then you may as well put in for a 'compo' claim, seeing as everyone else does. Who know's, you might get a couple of grand dished out. Just say you're traumatised. This system created animals like that, so you might as well milk some money back out.

Thing is, it won't be a 'compo' claim through one of those dodgy solicitors adverts you see. There is a criminal injuries fund set aside for things like this. You're perfectly entitled to some compensation. Go and report the incident at your local police station, you'd be foolish not to. You don't even need a culprit to be found to be compensated. At least you'll get a new bike out of it.

Dan

I remember a lad back at my secondy school, not sure where he was from, somewhere like kosovo, or czech or summin...anyways, he literally, used to get in fights, get hit, then just walk off, and get compo everytime, he never fought back, but he litrally just stirred shit, got in fights, then went police :P