Taking The Piss Out Of "no Seat" Bikes

SebJT

I did report it to the police yesterday, they didnt have the resorces to interview me yesterday but they have taken a preliminary statement. They are going to take a full statment and take photos of the injury sometime soon.

I might look into compensation as i missed work (no sick pay as im a summer temp back from uni) also just the whole hassle of 7hrs at A and E, not being able to eat drink and speak properly for a week or so.

As for the guy hitting me again for going to the police, i dont think that will happen, as i dont even know him. Also if i see him again Ill be bolting it...

Seb

Tic if anyone hit my brother quite fankly I'd go off the rails... Say if some guy came up to you in Poole whilest we were with you and just hit you, we wouldn't not do anything...

What part of

YOU WEREN'T f**kING THERE IN THAT SITUATION

don't you understand?

It's all well and good being all hard on the internet, but for f**ks sake, why are you bothering? This guy's just taken a hit to the face for no reason, so why are you just talking crap? It makes no sense...

Anyway, hope it heals up pretty quickly and doesn't leave some crappy scar or anything. Sucks it happened :P

Casual stupid comment about something he has no knowledge of to look 'ard in front of his "mates" because he has no imagination : IDIOT .

You'd been riding , which implies skill , agility and all that , yet Mr. Stupid Attacker can't even avoid a post : IDIOT .

He then feels his ego tarnished in the presence of his female companions , so feels the need to vent his anger on you instead of his own ignorance and lack of coordination : IDIOT.

Narrowminded sense of self worth regained , he realises he's inlicted a serious injury , but hey , he's shown his lady friends who's boss . Really cool : IDIOT .

You did the right thing by not reponding , and can live and ride in the knowledge that years from now , alone and unloved in prison he'll realise that every choice he made in his life has been rewarded by the laws of harmonious retribution .

Idiot...

Edited by Endohopper

I'd just like to add my sympathies and say that you did totally the right thing. I'm really sorry that there are pricks out there to ruin a perfectly good night for you and your friends, but don't get too bogged down with it. Going to the police will help you clear your mind of the incident, I wasn't there but I have been in similar situation. What pricks get out of beating younger / smaller dudes I'll never know, their just bullies and that's the british proletariat for you.

Casual stipid comment about something he has no knowledge of to look 'ard in front of his "mates" because he has no imagination  : IDIOT .

You'd been riding , which implies skill , agility and all that , yet Mr. Stupid Attacker walks into a post : IDIOT .

He then feels his ego tarnished in the presence of his female companions , so feels the need to vent his anger on you instead of his own ignorance and lack of coordination : IDIOT.

Narrowminded sense of self worth regained , he realises he's inlicted a serious injury , but hey , he's shown his lady friends who's boss . Really cool : IDIOT .

You did the right thing by not reponding , and can live and ride in the knowledge that years from now , alone and unloved in prison he'll realise that every choice he made in his life has been rewarded by the laws of harmonious retribution .

Idiot...

exactly rite, i'm 6'5" and i just seem to freeze when things happen. It's not that i'm scared it's just my mind goes completely blank and i can't even begin to think about what i should do or how i should react. the good thing that comes from this is most often nothing ever escalates and i can take a lot of shit without getting hurt.

I had something similar happen to me when me and my mates were sat on a bench at the side of the road having a break from riding.

This car goes past with four dudes in it and one of them threw part of a mars bar out the sunroof at our bikes. so me and my mate stick our fingers up at them as they drive off.

A few minutes later they're back with another carfull of guys.

the one who threw the mars bar gets out and starts shouting about us swearing at him. He walks over and smacks me in the face and what do i do? i sat there just staring at him.

:"> at the time i wished i'd at least got up and showed him how much smaller he was than me, but looking back on it now i'm glad i didn't. two car loads of guys against three of us wouldn't have been very cool. :P

If you had reacted back he might have tried it with your brother as well, then you would feel even worse.

sorry to hear it though, it's still shit when it happens because there's just no need for it.

Only a fool fights a battle he cannot win

it may sound matcho 'if that's how u spell it' but i had a guy thinking he was hard come up to me in castle park in bristol around 6pm on a wedneday a few weeks ago. i listened to what he had to say about damaging the walls claiming that the marks were from me 'when they were tide marks' i ignored him when he tried to push me off one of the walls. I threw my bike down the side of the wall saying are u are a f**king retard, these marks are whats known as tide marks u stupid twat. squared up to him and he walked away saying il cut you up biker!

ok it may not always go quite like that 'but just put up a little verbal fight as it worked for me' i hate loser knob heads who complain when they are about as much use as the common pisshead' get a life u chavs and get some gcse's dick's

you should get a seat

like an arm chair and throw it at his head :P

no i nevr know what to do at times like that just sort fo stand there like big old fool you done the right thing though well he sure was hard and probly about as smart as the pole he walked into

I've got a seat.  If nothing else, it stops all the Gayfags™ pointing out that I have no seat. 

But that sucks really hard.  I would get him done for assault, teach the fanny a lesson.  I hate the way people can be drunk (?), abusive and violent and get away with it.

I've got a seat. But i get the odd. Why is your seat so low. how can you sit down with it like that. your gonna knee yourself in the face. (Now.. i have a Saracen Mad and i have the seat all the way down... I'm 6 ft. and i can still ride without kneeing myself in the face :P )!

But dude. don't go for revenge.. Bad idea... Tell the Police!!

Edited by Koxx_TryAll

Man seb thats gay, but ive got some good news for you, were coming down brighton and ill speak to you on msn about it.

Also waynes coming so if we see the f**ker he wont even think twice about putting a bmf mark in his face, like the last 3 people who tried to steal his bike. lmao!! Last time he dented it and broke two spokes on someones nose.

Hope it heals fast, some people are so gay, i cant believe it. There is just no need. You did the right thing though, if you would have fought back it could have been much worse, and in situations like that i never know what to do either. It must have been really unexpected though, just walking up and smacking you.

It could have been worse, look on the bright side. You still have your bike.

But you still have no seat. :P

EDIT: i cant spell

Edited by killbobuk

Man seb thats gay, but ive got some good news for you, were coming down brighton and ill speak to you on msn about it.

Also waynes coming so if we see the f**ker he wont even think twice about putting a bmf mark in his face, like the last 3 people who tried to steal his bike. lmao!! Last time he dented it and broke two spokes on someones nose.

Hope it heals fast, some people are so gay, i cant believe it. There is just no need. You did the right thing though, if you would have fought back it could have been much worse, and in situations like that i never know what to do either. It must have been really unexpected though, just walking up and smacking you.

It could have been worse, look on the bright side. You still have your bike.

But you still have no seat.  (Y)

EDIT: i cant spell

Hehe, wayne and popeye will sort anyone out :P

Sorry to point out stuff like this, but Seb being punched was not assault. The guy saying "You need to be f**king knocked out," thats assault. Assault is defined as making any person feel fear of immediate violence; assault has nothing to do with physical contact.

Battery is any unlawful touching: groping a girl in a club, shoving someone in the street, etc. Battery can be anything where one person touches another person who does not want to be touched.

Then there are the degrees of damage, which are ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) GBH (Greivous Bodily Harm) and then it goes into manslaughter and murder territory as the legislation leaves the area of non-fatal offences against the person.

What happened to Seb was ABH, because there is actual, visable, dibiltating damage caused. I can't remember the exact sentencing rules, but it is not totally unheard of for people to be imprisoned for up to fifteen years for something like this. It's a very fine line between ABH and GBH, but essentially, GBH charges indicate to the courts that the defendant was carrying an excessive amount of malice which was vented on a person in a way which would put most people off their breakfasts. This guy just punched Seb so if it went to court, it would be ABH (unless he had a really, really good lawyer...)

People like this don't deserve to get away with it, but they so often do.

Its your call with what you want to do Seb, I'm just giving you the facts.

Bad luck, and I hope it gets better soon. (Y)

Rich

I hate people who take the piss out of trials even though they know very little about the riders and the sport itself. They see it as a joke or 'little kids sport' because we ride bikes designed for tricks in their eyes, yet if they attended a competition or took some time to think about how us riders enjoy the sport they may think twice about petty piss taking or actual violence that is totally uncalled for. The guy obviously couldnt hack that he had just walked into a lampost and thought, 'i can laugh at them but they cant laugh at me, i feel embarrassed so im off to smack him now' which is stupid because he knows that he would have made seb feel bad by laughing at him.

If i were you i would at least try and take things further because at least you know youve tried to punish the fool.

Edited by scunnytrials

"I'll put one on if you buy it for me" usually comes out of my mouth.

Or, "I sat down too hard and it dissapeared, I'll bend over and tell me if you see it"

dont get asked it often, and have never had any violent times ever when riding

last night in buxton center a girl chav asked me where my chair was and not a seat that just shows the mental iq of a chav hahahahahahahaha (Y) god they are soooo thick, i then proceeded to tell her that we don't have chairs we have seats on bikes and that she wouldn't need one because she was a dirty cow and that she could just use the seat post instead. :D

Surely you and your mates could've defended yourselves? Sorry but I don't understand how someone can punch you and you not feel the urge to beat them senseless untill they start crying Uncle...

Sorry it happened though mate! Hope it gets better soon!

James

Dude! If he can do that to your face in one punch think what he'd be like in a fight!