London Ride Number 108

It's been a while since I rode London. We're talking maybe 3 months, nothing major, but I fancy some London fun. Me and Tim will be at the Shell Centre at 11am, you know the drill, everybody's welcome blah de blah.

I'm looking to ride the usual places and maybe Westminster and the Euston area which we rarely venture to. In fact, I'm filming for a video, so am looking to point my camera in the direction of some rarely seen locations. That being said who knows where we'll end up and likewise, who knows why I'm still talking. Who's coming along?

See you there, Stephen.

It's been a while since I rode London. We're talking maybe 3 months, nothing major, but I fancy some London fun. Me and Tim will be at the Shell Centre at 11am, you know the drill, everybody's welcome blah de blah.

I'm looking to ride the usual places and maybe Westminster and the Euston area which we rarely venture to. In fact, I'm filming for a video, so am looking to point my camera in the direction of some rarely seen locations. That being said who knows where we'll end up and likewise, who knows why I'm still talking. Who's coming along?

See you there, Stephen.

if i can sort out some pads for my rear brake ill be there dude (Y)

can i be in your vid? ive got better since you last saw me :D

Ben

Ben, I think this 'vid' is compiled of only Tim and Steve riding around me and Tim's local area, and London too... And Ben, we're going to have to beat people like Chai to get into the vid, which is no chance (Y)

Anyway, yes I'm probably coming, and Adrian I'm bringing the fiver I owe you :D

Say for example somebody (let's call him Stephen) rounded the allen key bolt on his skewer and couldn't get it out. How f**ked would he be? I'm sure I can get hold of a new skewer easily enough, but how much effort is it to get the old one out?

As for the video I'm making, it's only Tim, Chai, Jimbo, Matt and myself, although I may be tempted to film Simon or Woody if I see them. I'm not discriminating against riders who aren't as good as others, as I have footage of Danny Butler and Matt Berridge in London, but I prefer to keep it to those who I ride with the most.

Stephen.

Video sounds good. If you mean the Tranz-X style skewers that do up with a 5mm allen key, then you need something strong to grip the allen bolt end, so that the 'washer' bit clamps onto the bolt itself. Then twist.

You could start off mole-grips/pliers and then perhaps move on to an angle-grinder/hammer...

It's the Leeson chainstay which has aluminium cups in which the bolt sits. There's no real way of gripping the bolt so I'll have to drill it out I think. Anyway, I'm hoping I can sort it out. The video will be filmed over the next 2 months and I'll edit it by early October before I go back to uni.

Chink, I want you there more than life itself. If you don't come I'll come to Croydon and pick you up (maybe we could go to Ikea down Purley way?)

It's the Leeson chainstay which has aluminium cups in which the bolt sits. There's no real way of gripping the bolt so I'll have to drill it out I think. Anyway, I'm hoping I can sort it out. The video will be filmed over the next 2 months and I'll edit it by early October before I go back to uni.

Chink, I want you there more than life itself. If you don't come I'll come to Croydon and pick you up (maybe we could go to Ikea down Purley way?)

Superglue the allen key in?

And then when its dry just twist it out?

Or will you need to use what you take out again?

I might be up for this ride. Will travel with you steve if you are going :D

Stephen, If you are still trying to remove that bolt, try this.

Get hold of a splined tool for removing splined bolts, one that is just a bit bigger than the allen key size, and force it into the bolt using a hammer. Then just put a rachet on the end and turn to remove the bolt. Works for us on VW brake calipers. :">

Anyways see you in london? :P"

Stephen here on Tim's computer (too lazy to change screen names). Dean, I'm in London now, so can't give you a lift. As for all the bolt suggestions, thanks a lot, they were all very imaginative, especially the superglue one.

Tim drilled through the old bolt and whacked the skewer in earlier today, it only took him about 30 seconds, but cheers for the advice anyhow. I rode the outskirts of London today and the weather was shite. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, but i'll be having a look at the weather forecast and making my mind up tomorrow morning.

If it's raining then I doubt I'll bother. If the ground is dry, or it looks like it will be drying up soon, then I'll be there.

Make sense? Doubt it.

Stephen.

Stephen here on Tim's computer (too lazy to change screen names). Dean, I'm in London now, so can't give you a lift.

Well I won't be coming now anywho weather looks shit and I haven't got any money for train fare.

Have fun tomorow anyways if you ride, Hope weather holds. :)