Moped Question

rickycoleman

Ok, ive just bought a yamaha jog-r 50cc moped, for some reason i feel like putting some parts on it, now i was wondering if this kundo exaust would make my moped any faster or better?

and if anyone has some good ideas for upgrades like remote control start up systems or anything really, throw some ideas at me, i just want to make it a bit more exciting.

be interesting to see where this goes....

Ricky

Edited by rickycoleman

The most exciting thing i did with a moped was crash it into a rock. Other than i stipped it down, took the air filter off and made the intake larger, then thrashed the hell out of it in a field and sold it for £70 more than i got it for, which was nothing! (Y)

ok im not a engineer but the son of one! however the exhaust will just improve your air intake, the air intake will not significantly improve your top speed. However it will improve your 0 - 30mph or 35 if you want to break the thing. Put it this way...... a 50cc moped is a 50cc, don't bother modding it up, it will only end up making it illegal as a big bore kit will only increase your cc which makes it illegal, which also voids your insurance. Just live with it for a year and get a 125.... sorted!

pointless.

spending money on a moped is like spending money on a sinking ship.

sure it'll look pimp, but you ain't gonna have owlt to show for it.

i know you've just got it, and it's probably super amazing and your pride and joy, but the novelty will soon wear off and if you manage to keep your wallet closed for the first couple of months you'll be glad in the long run.

no-one will be impressed by your pimp scootay, even at it's fastest, it'll still be slow, and it ain't gonna be any more fun than it already is.

save the cash, you'll be happy you did in the long run.

When i got my car 6 months ago, i instantly wanted to 'pimp it up', wheels, sterio, interior, tune up etc...but my lazyness kicked in and saved me a lot of money, now i'm so glad i didn't do anything to it other than buy a CD player, cos it's just not worth it at all.

Yeah they do, i think he ment it will get rid of fumes quicker to be able to take more air into the engine thus burning more fuel= a little quicker.

True but if the inlet isn't able to cope with higher airflow then it won't make the slightest bit of difference. Best to upgrade the exhaust at the same time as improving the flow of air through the inlet system.

For a 50cc engine I doubt there is much scope for increasing the bhp or touque by doing this (I'll only get the odd hp increase by doing similar mods to my 1200cc car engine), though you may see a slight improvement in throttle resonse.

Best bet is to save your money (as ha been said by at least two people already) for something faster or with more tuning potential, which is why my corsa is still bog standard :D

the thing is i just want to personalise it a bit, i dont want to do 60, with carbon mirrors, i would just like to improve acceleration and get the top speed up to around 40ish without harming the beast, and im pretty much decided i want to some at least a few things, so i want links to some sites and stuff, a remote control start would be nuts...

the thing is i just want to personalise it a bit, i dont want to do 60, with carbon mirrors, i would just like to improve acceleration and get the top speed up to around 40ish without harming the beast, and im pretty much decided i want to some at least a few things, so i want links to some sites and stuff, a remote control start would be nuts...

I've always dreamed of seeing some boy racer leave his car in gear and watch it race off lol

on my peugeot speedfight 50cc when i had it, I got a racing exhaust from taffspeed and removed the collar from the variator.

I think your standard exhaust will have 2 limiting chambers built into it, so by changing the exhaust you will get another 15mph out of it.

The collar in the variator stops the bike going into what is effectively a higher gear, so combined with the exhaust, my by bike went from a top speed of 35mph to around 65mph and the acceleration was much improved. illegal though and it does void any insurance you may have.