F. Sake!

Mr Motivator

So let me get this right... They come up to you and ask for your real name and address... and charge you £30 for their company?  Surely you could have just *accidently* given an incorrect name and address?

Nope, they check it all through on radio. I gave him my bank card for ID too :D

would have been funnt if you gave the wrong name then they checked your wallet " oh yer thats my name,silly me,only had it for a few years" lol. It was probably best you gave the right name! When we were in colchester bondy andy and nick etc. got fined but i escaped it becuase i was 15! woo. And we got surrounded lol, pretty funny really, for me any way.

You cant win.

You cant ride on the Pavement, for safety reasons, and you cant ride a trials bike on the road because they arent road legal.

You just cant win.

The best One Ive ever heard, was a mate of mine:

Copper: Your under arrest, whats your name???

Mate: Away.....

Copper: what???

Mate: Run Away

And he legged it

:D:D:D:D:D

WHAT THE f**k!!!!!!! I'M STILL 15 FOR 5 MORE DAYS!!!!!! I'm phoning the citizens advice bureau tomorow!!!!

Yer mate do it ! I would, but don't mention me they will probably try make me pay as well. lol i got a 125 or some gay number(not actually gay) thing like that i was like " oh thanks for telling me i really know whats that means....gays"

yer follow it up and say i heard..from someone :D that you have to be 16 to get fined...etc. etc.

Good luck,tell us what happens!

The best One Ive ever heard, was a mate of mine:

Copper: Your under arrest, whats your name???

Mate: Away.....

Copper: what???

Mate: Run Away

And he legged it

:P:D:D:D:D

If i was on a streety/dirt bike, well anything with gears or better ratio than my 20 -18 ratio, that would be me.

edit: Spose we could hop away over stuff :D

Edited by cookie456_the2nd

Yer mate do it ! I would, but don't mention me they will probably try make me pay as well. lol i got a 125 or some gay number(not actually gay) thing like that i was like " oh thanks for telling me i really know whats that means....gays"

yer follow it up and say i heard..from someone  :D  that you have to be 16 to get fined...etc. etc.

Good luck,tell us what happens!

yuppy indeed, i got fined £30 for riding on the path its pathetic its not as though we were going fast or even as though we dont know how to ride bikes so would randomly crash into people, i tired saying i was 15 and they didnt believe me and said they could easily check my details so i told them my real age just incase it got me in more sh*t

Dan got away because he was 15, so you shouldnt have been fined really....i doubt there are different regulations for different towns..

Under any circumstances, you've just gotta try and reason with them. You cant say stupid things, even if you think you're having a laugh - bacon dont do 'having a laugh' - they are pure killjoys at the end of the day. Although, some are ok, but I remember the inccident in London where they considered us 'theives' and it was anti-social behaviour for doing bunnyhops? You've probably all heard that story.

It does suck, you've just gotta be careful. They're doing their job - but as Charlie told me earlier, their experience was super out of order - being told to go to the sk8 park and getting fined for riding on the pavement whilst going to the sk8 park - hes considering putting in a complaint.

Grrr.

J.

Edited by trialmedia

being told to go to the sk8 park and getting fined for riding on the pavement whilst going to the sk8 park - hes considering putting in a complaint.

Policeman: So, sir, what's the nature of your complaint?

Charlie: Well, I was falsely given a fine.

Policeman: What for?

Charlie: Well, I was riding on the pavement on the way to the skatepark.

Policeman: So, you were riding on the pavement. You got fined for it?

Charlie: Well, yes, but he told me I should've been riding at the skatepark.

Policeman: ...And?

That's pretty much what'll happen then :D

If you're riding on the pavement, you are technically breaking the law, so they're within their rights to do you for it. You can bleat all you want about druggies and shit like that, but it happened to be a case of bad timing for you, pretty much. If you're 15 you might get off with it, but your friends 'being funny' or whatever is a f**king stupid idea. You're relying on their generosity to get out of being fined, so either being a dick yourself or trying to make them look like dicks isn't going to help.

Policeman:  So, sir, what's the nature of your complaint?

Charlie:  Well, I was falsely given a fine.

Policeman:  What for?

Charlie:  Well, I was riding on the pavement on the way to the skatepark.

Policeman:  So, you were riding on the pavement.  You got fined for it?

Charlie:  Well, yes, but he told me I should've been riding at the skatepark.

Policeman:  ...And?

That's pretty much what'll happen then :D

If you're riding on the pavement, you are technically breaking the law, so they're within their rights to do you for it.  You can bleat all you want about druggies and shit like that, but it happened to be a case of bad timing for you, pretty much.  If you're 15 you might get off with it, but your friends 'being funny' or whatever is a f**king stupid idea.  You're relying on their generosity to get out of being fined, so either being a dick yourself or trying to make them look like dicks isn't going to help.

I love it when you post in topics complaining about the police.

So let me get this right... They come up to you and ask for your real name and address... and charge you £30 for their company?  Surely you could have just *accidently* given an incorrect name and address?

Thats a sure fireway to spend a night in the cell.

Unlucky Sam... :D

What i dont get is... one time i was out riding with 2 of my mates, we were riding home at about 10:00pm, and then 4 police vans surrounded us and told us to get off our bike and lay on the floor, they asked for out details and stuff so we gave them to them, and then we said we hadnt done anything wrong, he said yes you have, you have just mugged that old women in town.... we hadnt even been in town!! and we still got a £30 fine for being "unicorperative" (SP?) :'( :P f**king pricks!!!

Oh and another time, we were out riding, there was about 8 of us, we were on our way to maccy D's, and we got stopped by this REALLY fit police women and a ugly police man, they said we had been cought on CCTV riding through the lanes shopping centre and asaulted one of the guards!!! we said we hadnt (cause we hadnt been near there) and then i asked to see the footage, they said "no, you cant" and i asked, "well i know my rights" then they let us off with a warning :S :S

I cant beleive the police most of the time!!!

I know about 25% of the crime that goes on in my local part of carlisle, the police now 100% and do fek all about it!!!!

They are scared to catch one lad cause he would just beat them up and then all his mates would aswell, but he nicked wagons and cars and stuff, even deals with drugs!!! all should be sent down for life!!!!!! :angry:

The police like to pick easy incidents, I dont know if they get say a bonus at the end of the year for however many crimes they stopped, if you can call riding on the pavement a fine? If so they will pick the easy ones, yes they know that people do drugs all the time but they cant be bothered to deal with real problems.

The police station in farnborough is within eyeview of skatepark you could look in and see if drugs were being done or under age drinking, which it is half the time. They dont do anything instead they come over to some remote walls were riding and complain. They wont go and sort the drug problem probaboly because of all of the paper work involved and they are lazy.

They can walk up to you say "you broke the law for riding on the pavement" and fine you £30, they have to actually do tests on individuals they suspect are under the influence of drugs etc which takes alot of paper work so they wont do it. There are alot more crimes out there that are alot worse than riding on the bloody pavement.

The polive piss me off so much, they complain about us when there are cars being stolen, people being shot, probaboly 25% of the country getting high on drugs or getting pissed out their faces under age and they dont do shit about it.

What is going to cause more of a problem, 10 people getting stoned/pissed at 6-10pm or 10 riders riding some walls at 6-10pm? They seem to think the riders as they are easy to catch. The polive over here have told us to ride in the skatepark, we told them "we cant ride in there we arnt in YOUR insurance policy about the park and if we get injured they will close it, YOU said it yourself when it was opened" so they let us ride most places now so long as they arnt busy, and the security guards are agreeable too most the time.

Some arsehole was giving us hassle, stamped on a mates bike, security came over and said "we know you come here often and dont cause trouble, he causes trouble with you anymore give him a chinning but dont put him in hospital" The guy hit mate , so he hit back and decked him in one. They didnt mind it was on camera.

Woah that was abit of a ramble.

I was riding a really low bench, and a cop came over accused me of making the splinters and damaging the bench, so I pushed the bike into the bench to show that the BB didn't actually touch the bench when I rode up it. Clearly proved that I COULDN'T have done the damage and he argued for ages.

Let me off in the end but I swear they do it for something to do... It f**ks me off. Fair enough i'm in the wrong, but this town has bigger problems than cyclists.

Sorry but Id argue that I was riding sensibly and I refuse to ride in the road til the government/council do something aboutt he statew of the roads, get rid of the drivers that shouldnt be driving they know who theyare, old people, boy racers.

On another note I think driving while on a mobile should be treated the same as drink driving.

Anyway Id argue your case.

I'm sorry, but you haven't really got a leg to stand on. The simple fact of the matter is that you broke the law and got caught. Yes it's annoying, and you'd rather not have to pay it, but just deal with it, it's a £30 fine not a life sentence.

The argument that there's worse crimes going on out there, why pick on us doesn't really wash either I'm afraid. At what point do you stop?

• Yeah I was riding on the pavement, but there's some vandals over there spraying graffiti on the wall, that's more important surely?

• Yeah I did the graffiti, but there's some underage drinkers over there, that's more important surely?

• Yeah we're underage drinkers, but there's a drug dealer over there, surely that's more important?

• Yeah I'm a drug dealer, but that guy just mugged an old lady, that's more important surely?

• Yeah I mugged an old lady, but that guy just killed a man, that's more important surely?

A little extreme perhaps, but you can't complain about being fined when you broke the law. The police are there to enforce all laws, not just the ones that you haven't broken. And I highly doubt that the police are turning a blind eye to everything else because of the paper work. Just because you don't see people being arrested left right and centre doesn't mean nothing is being done.

Honestly, you give the police all this stick, but I'd dread to think what sort of level our society would fall to if they were abolished.