Fish In A Box?

Lewis Poyntontrials.com

I can imagen that tank looking fecking mint in the flesh james!  Is that reef or what ever it is in the backgroud all one peice?

nah, its all individual rocks and its just fesh water tropical. i should take more time and care over it really but i just dont have the money or time now.

it looks after its self though to be fair, 3 big filters and a heater... all i need to do is clean the glass every now and then and feed them.

I've just got myself a 3ft fish tank and some oradas to go in it (those fancy fantailed goldfish) and so have been reading up on fish and came across this site:

http://www.aquababies.com/about_aquababies.htm

There are loads of sites protesting against them.  Not sure about the fish but I think its harsh on the frogs because they can't even strech their legs because of the size of the 'tanks'.

petition agains it

more stuff against them

Has any one seen these in the UK and do you think their cruel or not?

Lewis :-

I used to have some.

I had 2 fish, some plants to filter the water and give them oxygen, and a little snail to clean the tank (which bred like a b*****d!!)

They sell them in the trafford centre, or atleast they did

Ye pinky, as sidehop said it ain't really expensive at all id try ffloggingsome of my spare kit as its good stuff but too much in postage :-.

heaters are about £15 filters up to £160 depending on quality and tank anything up to about £600 rrealisticallyon quality again..

Jmaybea wont post a pic of mine it has shit all on a jjewelaaquarium:(

iv always wanted one aswell, ddidwonder though how the base units for them supported like a tonne fofwwater ain't they made from cheapish wood?

haha the old japanese fighting fish in the same tank :)" only males that is, i remember a real dodgey pet shop in a rough part of blackpool had 3 in the same tank the dumb fanny, was good to watch knowing they werent mine :P" , he treated the fish there fukin horribly however i think he may have been shutn down now :o"

also try putting a mirro next to them from outside the tank, thhats always funny.

yeah lewis i reckon when you do get bored of the orandas? go for some oscars or a community shoal, they are a lot more colourful and fun to watch, especially oscars they all have pretty wierd personalities and can be tamed to a certain extent fairly easily :-

And the best thing of all you can have plecs in with them :(

Now they are real fish (N)"

yeah lewis i reckon when you do get bored of the orandas? go for some oscars or a community shoal, they are a lot more colourful and fun to watch, especially oscars they all have pretty wierd personalities and can be tamed to a certain extent fairly easily  :P 

And the best thing of all you can have plecs in with them  :) 

Now they are real fish  :)"

With Oscars they really need to be kept on their own or in a group of 6-8 so the smaller ones don't get picked on. So if i wanted to have a a shoal of oscars i'd need one hell of a tank!

My orandas are pretty tame already if i put my hand in or even walk near the water they come up to see me, and if i put my hands in the water they suck it to try and get food. Was cool at first but now it can get a bit anoying every time i need to ajust the filter their there sucking my hand. Reminds me of how koi act.

Some one mentioned the weight of the water...I think its 1ltr = 1 kg so my tank weighs 100 kg. You need a very strong flat cabinet. When you get really big tanks you even need to check that your floor can take the weight!

My dad had to put loads of extra beams and supports on my cabinet to take the tank. Many people just buy ones made specially for a tank.

I used to have some.

I had 2 fish, some plants to filter the water and give them oxygen, and a little snail to clean the tank (which bred like a b*****d!!)

They sell them in the trafford centre, or atleast they did

What happend to them?

And no, if you read that artical they have been banned in most places inc. their in the UK.

Lewis :)