Thick Pads!

Luke_bradley

You dont want thick pads, you get a shed load of flex in the lever and its a spongey as hell brake as the material on the pad just compresses on its self instead of the hard plastic backing, get a ronnie rom or weld two d521s together (Y), or carryton with the bodge?

if there aint out wrong with iut why change it?

if you wanna ignore me get the heatsink clear pads they have/had 10 mm of material on, far too much as i found out :sleeping:

sorry to be abit of a gay but i still dont get this hole backing business. ive got the wrong idea. Im thinking ' if i pad summot behind the pads the magura piston wont push in and stuff'. and my pads im using now like move when i brake and look like they are going to rip off and the noise from the is hurendous.

Edited by Luke_bradley

if there's that much room can't you just switch the mount clmaps round so that they are nearer the rim. i did that on my shogun gatecrasher with a crappy veulta airline rim and it was fine. just like a magura is normally. It explains exactly what i mean in the magura manual on page 7 in instruction number 3.

basically you take the left clamps and put the quick release adapter on this mount, then fit this clamp around the right slave cylinder. screw in the right hand side of the booster as well.

Then attach the right clamp onto the left side and fit them onto your mounts on the frame.

and hey presto, your cylinders are about 1-2cm further in towards your rim.

hope it helps.

And if he has 4 bolt mounts? lol

Right lucas on your pad you have a rubber part and a plastic part, the plastic part is the backing and the rubber is the material, they are advising you to try and get a thicker backing instead of 2 , try heatsink he may be able to do em or get out the blowtorch etc . . . . ..

That way no pad flex and you can still use your mavic etc

if there's that much room can't you just switch the mount clmaps round so that they are nearer the rim. i did that on my shogun gatecrasher with a crappy veulta airline rim and it was fine. just like a magura is normally. It explains exactly what i mean in the magura manual on page 7 in instruction number 3.

basically you take the left clamps and put the quick release adapter on this mount, then fit this clamp around the right slave cylinder. screw in the right hand side of the booster as well.

Then attach the right clamp onto the left side and fit them onto your mounts on the frame.

and hey presto, your cylinders are about 1-2cm further in towards your rim.

hope it helps.

I kind of get you but where do i get these quick release adapter from and everything. This sounds great.