Knee Injurys

Ducko

yelo.

i currently have dead knees, i duno wats going on but both my knees are constantly aching and are all creaky and click loads :(

ive had 2 weeks of riding and theres no sign of getting better.

does anyone have any ideas or anything you can do to make em' better?

cheers :)

doctor arnolds hypothesis.....

theyre a bit f**ked, not f**ked, just a bit f**ked....

drink lots of water, eat lots of oily fish(dont get tempted to slap anyone with them :)) just eat em, lol, maybe try to build up the muscles around your knees?

powerball seems to work for shit wrists, maybe do some exercises for bad knees?

right, back to work..... :(

They do seem to.

Just to check - with your knees, do they just feel 'tight', almost? Sorta not really stiff, but not really free moving, and kinda achey when you bend them loads after, say, sitting down?

Anyway, yeah, they seem to be helping :( I'm using the Somerfield High Dose "1 a day" capsules which seem to be pretty hardcore. £1.98 for a months worth, which ain't bad...

They do seem to.

Just to check - with your knees, do they just feel 'tight', almost?  Sorta not really stiff, but not really free moving, and kinda achey when you bend them loads after, say, sitting down?

Anyway, yeah, they seem to be helping :(  I'm using the Somerfield High Dose "1 a day" capsules which seem to be pretty hardcore.  £1.98 for a months worth, which ain't bad...

when i kneel then stand up they feel really stiff and a bit achey for a short while, then they are ok...

and also when i do sidehops and i crouch, they hurt a lil then :)

thanks guys!

i used coid liver oil a while back i think ill get some more :unsure:

i remeber burping and having a rather nice fishy taste yuk!

will the only fela ill be slapping is your sexual self haha :)"

cheers felas :(

thanks guys!

i used coid liver oil a while back i think ill get some more :lol:

i remeber burping and having a rather nice fishy taste yuk!

will the only fela ill be slapping is your sexual self haha :unsure:"

cheers felas :)

Yeh i used that stuff but have found I can get away with it more lately. Besides I can only take it just before I go to sleep, because if I take it during the day, I found it makes ur burps stink and taste fishy... I dont wanna put the gf off.. :(

My knees are so bad!

I used to play loads of rugby and one day they started aching so i stopped for 2-3 months and a lump of swelling appeared under neath my left nee cap hurts like F**K espicaly when you tap it on something; doc sed ill grow out of it though .

The only thing that made mine a little better was to get over it and carry on now it only hurts if i bang it .

Suppose that was useless though :( .

Sam

Another one here with totaly nackered knees or atleast they feel messed!

Cant bend down on them for more than a min without them killing, One feels like it trys to lock all the time when fully bent and strighten again!

I will go to the doctors soon but hate the thought of if i need an op il be off the bike for a while!

My knees are so bad!

I used to play loads of rugby and one day they started aching so i stopped for 2-3 months and a lump of swelling appeared under neath my left nee cap hurts like F**K espicaly when you tap it on something; doc sed ill grow out of it though .

The only thing that made mine a little better was to get over it and carry on now it only hurts if i bang it .

Suppose that was useless though :) .

Sam

Skater here has it, it's just where a lump forms from repeated knocks, kinda like how you get lumpy shin bones after pedal slaps? It does just grow out eventually, so it'll heal in time B)

Another one here with totaly nackered knees or atleast they feel messed!

Cant bend down on them for more than a min without them killing, One feels like it trys to lock all the time when fully bent and strighten again!

I will go to the doctors soon but hate the thought of if i need an op il be off the bike for a while!

I was talking to someone on here about it. They said they had a similar thing and it was just fluid behind the kneecap, and they just had it drained via syringe. Eithe way, I'm bitching out of going to the doctors just 'cos I don't want surgery either :-

I can quite honestly say ive got the worst knees going ive got a bit of everthing including "MISH MASH" Where the bone has grinded away n ive got like a pouch ov skin and grinded bone in my knee :)

How ever there is a solution Cod liver Oil is shit u get all the oils you need from crisps and chips ! What you need are glucosomine tablets with chondrion i think thats how you spell it. Basically its a natural thing thats encourages liquids to your knees so give them a boost take the 1000 mg tablets and wait 3 months n then all is done ! B)

I have some problems with my knees, they only get bad when i dont ride very often though. Now that its the summer holidays and i ride nearly everyday they dont hurt as much, maybe ive built their strength up again or something. I get an achy pain under my kneecaps when i kneel down or climb stairs but it goes away by the next day (goes away overnight). I only seem to strain my knees from riding long distances to get to a spot, not trials riding itself. My mum works in a chemist though so im going to try cod liver oil to keep my knee joints as healthy as possible, i try to drink a lot of water anyway.