Cycle 2005 - RIDER LIST UP

Danny

Get off your South west train at Waterloo , Change to the Jubilee line at Waterloo

Get on a Stratford bound train , Get off at Canary Wharf and Change to the DLR there you can catch a train to Custom House...

DA DAR!

can i get docklands light railway to custom house, from stratford, with a beeeeeik?

Edited by Matt

im akriggs partner i think :) :P i gotta ride mod..............should be a good laugh though to say iv only ever ridden mod properly once and that was only for like 2days, and it was nowt serious, just a few back hops here and back hops there.

so it should be fun, i remember going to the one that onza put on like 2 years ago not the one they held a comp on it was the demo one and it was well wikid. had a cracking night out and was gud fun even better it was my b'day as well.

Waynio.............................

a "laugh" at me riding mod if you ask me, i could make a modery of myself, altho they usually call it a mockery :P

Waynio..........................

i need my machine first, altho like always il do it all last thing, everything maps out so much better that way :-

People don't think at these events...

why don't TrialsQueens go as a team.. wont that get a crowd? 9 girls riding trials? :)

girls riding demos = mega promotion

competition = too high of a level for the females.... tis gonna be very difficult... people want to see big impressive moves.. i dont think the public would really respect whos riding the bike... more what they are doing on the bike.... if you get me ??

plus... thought has gone into it for like.... a year now

Edited by aust

humm yeah.

but what matters is what the public thinks of the sport, not just the riders them selfs

and if a is female riding it will obviously show the public its not just male populated! :) and can be done buy who ever and what ever sex you are :)

think you missed my point..

Edited by crazy_gap girl

They don't have much in the way of space at Cycle '05 for the trials arena though, so it'd dilute it too much having the "larger" sections (they are going to be well hard, in that they have invited some of the best riders in the UK/Europe/World) and then the "smaller" sections for you guys to demo on? There just wouldn't be enough room...

People don't think at these events...

why don't TrialsQueens go as a team.. wont that get a crowd? 9 girls riding trials? :huh:

girls riding demos = mega promotion

Because, lets face it, girls aren't nearly as good at trials than guys. After seeing Britains best going huge with massive gaps and sidehops, people aren't gonna be impressed by a load of girls coming on, doing stuff not even half the size just because they have breasts.

It's the harsh truth and until some girl riders are up to the same level as the pro guys, it's probably better they stay out of big demo's etc.

Nothing against any of the girl riders its just that there ain't that much time in slots that we have at the cycle show to fit one trial in never mind two, i think that it would be great for the worlds best women to have a bash at each other but at the moment the cycle show isn't allowing that time or space for that many sections because after all they would have to be different levels. However what could be a good thing to put forward is the idea that there should be some girls in the bike arena this coming year because they run a different format and then atleast the girls will be gettin a bit more recongnition. Thats just what i think they should do and after all one person isn't enough it would take more than just my vote to get the girls in the arena lol. :huh:

personally... i still dont think its a good idea.... just wont be as impressive.. maybe one day when the girls are at a simular level to the lads (maybe)... but its like a female orientated sport..... men wont get recognition for going into it... and its bound to be the same vice versa... you just dont get the womens world boxing champ to fight macklin or the other top guns in the boxing world... it just wont work

fair points there and in away i agree

not that i know of but it hasn't been tryied so how do you know..??

feels like girls are been pushed to the back of the queue!.. ok as its been said like 500 million times were not as good but maybe give us abit of a chance to shine in our own way :huh: just seems more fair to me :P ..

i think this all comes down to sex.

gurls riding bikes is not sexy. fact. but when someone like Danny B lines up for the illest tap evor, and his arse gives that little wiggle. that is sex. DaaayUM. sex sells. i'd buy a limey. but i wouldn't buy a monty :angry: . tis a shame, but its all down to making moneys.

so you could say trials is 'sex, jaffa cakes and faggots on bikes'.

EDIT: have i missed the point again? :)

Edited by Matt

Thing is, in your Trials-Queens group, you may have 9 girls, only 1 of which is in england, another is from wales, and the rest are from such places as Canada, and as far as Japan.

However much you tried, you wouldn't hardly be able to get half of them, maybe 2 maximum, because flights and accomodation would be just to much.

I can see where you're coming from, but the logistics to make it work just super out weigh the end benifits.

wtf is your sig about simon?

don't ever go changin on me yer hear!

:angry:

edit: hahah w/e simon :)

Like, hush. :(

No one saw anything.

Back to the thread, so yeah, cycle show.

I'm meant to be going, but with the latest money problems, god knows if i am. :(

Thing is, in your Trials-Queens group, you may have 9 girls, only 1 of which is in england, another is from wales, and the rest are from such places as Canada, and as far as Japan.

However much you tried, you wouldn't hardly be able to get half of them, maybe 2 maximum, because flights and accomodation would be just to much.

I can see where you're coming from, but the logistics to make it work just super out weigh the end benifits.

oooooooook.. don't think to complex ey

But why should girls be treated differently anyway?

You don't see shit riders campaigning for demo's at cycle shows, because no-one would want to see them, the fact you have boobs doesn't mean its any different.

Fair enough when the girls are at the same levels as the guy riders, such as in XC and DH, but theres a huge gap in trials.

But why should girls be treated differently anyway?

You don't see shit riders campaigning for demo's at cycle shows, because no-one would want to see them, the fact you have boobs doesn't mean its any different.

Fair enough when the girls are at the same levels as the guy riders, such as in XC and DH, but theres a huge gap in trials.

funny you should say that....thats what im trying to justify and why its a no-go for girls to be involved in such events :)

funny you should say that....thats what im trying to justify and why its a no-go for girls to be involved in such events :)

I think he's meaning that everyone should be treated equally. The best *number* of riders are picked. If girls are in it. They are. Typically, they're not as lads are better, on a typical basis.

Therefore, sex isn't taken in to account, and everyone's treated fairly.

If there's the best *so many* girls and best *so many* boys, you're separating the boys and girls, not treating everyone fairly. Someone might miss out on riding, and they were, say 11th best out of 10 people. 5 girls and 5 boys. That 11th boy might piss all over all of the girls with his hands down.

Now that isn't fair, is it.