Peugeot 106 Rallye

Mr Dave

Exactly, im going against what you said and saying that they are A LOT better. I have a few friends with puntos... look nice... break down all the time and generally are pretty sluggish. More friends with peugeots. no problems with them. work nice, look nice, fast, solid :)

Funny thing is how even when you spend a load of money on a fiat it isnt as nice as something less expensive and older...

Exactly, im going against what you said and saying that they are A LOT better.  I have a few friends with puntos... look nice... break down all the time and generally are pretty sluggish.  More friends with peugeots. no problems with them. work nice, look nice, fast, solid B)

Funny thing is how even when you spend a load of money on a fiat it isnt as nice as something less expensive and older...

Each to there own as they say?

Anyways, why has this turned on me :)

I said i was gon a leave this thread, sorry :">

yeah 306's rule (ive got one if you hadent guessed) cheap cars to buy, and to insure 1,6 group 5 !!!! its pretty fast too,

the 306 gti-6 are rappid too :) and still have the mod cons, thats the thing about the rallye i like though, its hardcore, nothing electric no lux carpets, and as standard its perfect B)

bianca_white_rallye.jpg

finally found a pic ^^^^ (L) lush

Dave

rallye

few more pics

Edited by Mr Dave

I've been in a shit hot 205 GTi, and it did on earth go some. I wan't a 306, as i love them, and going by the 205 GTi, the 106 Rallye can't be too bad heh.

Everyone seems to hate french cars, especially peugeot, but i don't care, i would love a 306, and i'm sure you will enjoy your 106, just get it. :P

I really like my 306! It handles really nicely and I can get 3 bikes and 3 people in it no problem. It is a 5 door but who actually cares? A 5 door car is more practicle, and you cant see the outside of the car when your driving it anyway!
I don't really get the beef with Peugeots either, they seem pretty awesome.

Gav Bedford's is retardedly quick, whatever the Hell he's got :P  "Interesting" drive back to a friend's house near Bridgend with him :P

Gav has a 205, I remember him chatting about his 205 in Porthcawl last year. 205 GTI's are rapid, they are quite a common car in club level ralleys and if they perform anything like my 106 and 306 I can see them being really fun to drive!

Peugeots are a shitload better than Fiats... has to be said... Joe shut the f**k up! 

No experience on the Rallye here but my mates 205 gti does sure go like stink :P I imagine the rallye is pretty good too... my gfs 106 is like a go kart :S hehe

106=Go Kart :-

Also does FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow :P (Sorry I had to say it, I have no experience with Fiat's but I have heard quite a few people say they are not that reliable)

Right im done with the quotes now but what I will say is:

You only passed recently by the sounds of things, why get more than a 1.2ish engine for use during your first year? You know insurance companies will rape you (even with a 954cc 106 I was getting raped!) So for the first year get a cheap car with a small engine and rag the pants off it, then part exchange it after 1 year when you can buy a nicer car! My 106 was screwed when I part exchanged it B)

Also I doubt you can actually drive yet, there are so many things you dont get taught in lessons that you will figure out over the next few months. Generally driving instructors teach you how to pass the test, not how to drive, you learn to drive after the instructor has taught you the vital things...

Also out of interest how many 106 ralye's have you actually seen for sale? I have only seen a couple in real life :)

which rallye were you looking at? the s1 or s2? need to know that as there is alot of difernce between the 2.

Haha at being past a week and already saying ''i would consider myself a good driver'' because you can heal-toe nd double clutch (although f**k knows why u would wanna b double cluthing in a modern car with syncro) its not being able 2 do that kinda stuff that makes you a good driver, its all about knowing your car and having dam good road awareness which takes time to get, ive got a mate who is stupidly quick round a track but i refuse to go in his car on the road becuase his awarness is shocking. with an attitude like that i can see you saying by to your first car soon.

i have a 106 gti (with big plans for it looking 200bhp ish) and i love it 2 peices it goes like shit off a shovel and has loads of the nice things a rallye doesnt have (e.g leather interior etc) and is still quicker than rallye standard.

Also this sounds stupid coming from me if you know me but i have seen and learnt lessons pleasssse keep all racing on the track not on public roads.

Trust me Dave...after one week of driving, you are not a good driver. I've been driving nearly 7 months, and I still wouldn't say I'm the best. There's stil lsituations that would catch me out.

For example, I've yet to drive on ice....that'll be an experience!

Being able to control a slide is not difficult. The 306 being a front wheel drive car, it's not exactly the best piece of equiptment to be doing it in either.

I'm not saying I don't do it, 'cos I do...nothing beats going round a big empty roundabout sideways (as Joe will tell you, lol) I've learnt my lesson now though, because my rear hub bearings have given up the ghost.

Insurance would rape you so badly on any "performance" car as you are still considered a "virgin" driver. Wait until you've got a year or two's no claims bonus' and it should be a bit more affordable.

They are damn nice cars though, I agree.

Trust me Dave...after one week of driving, you are not a good driver. I've been driving nearly 7 months, and I still wouldn't say I'm the best. There's stil lsituations that would catch me out.

I'm not saying I don't do it, 'cos I do...nothing beats going round a big empty roundabout sideways (as Joe will tell you, lol)

7 Months and your dangerous George hahahaha

Dont get in a car with george...unless you wanna go into lil islands over moving bridges B)

as for your roundabout antics :)

George i love you :-

Also does FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow :) (Sorry I had to say it, I have no experience with Fiat's but I have heard quite a few people say they are not that reliable)

You knows it! I want a 106 Rallye, Dave you looking at the newer 1.6 version or the older 1.3 version?

lawl.

whats wrong with pugs ? 

im sure any mechanic will tell you there much better than fiats !

Peugeots are a shitload better than Fiats... has to be said... Joe shut the f**k up! 

Your both wrong , both brands are Sss-hite....

Pugs have problems , Fiats have problems....

Sorry but the 106 Rally looks a bag of shit , A muppett who lives round the corner from me has one , with a royally shite custom numberplate....

to be honest this is abit like when tf people see a new frame, "that looks weak" yet u havent actualy rode it or anything. your stereotyping all new drivers as to be shit and know nothing, which franklyisnt the case with everyone, some people are good at things and some people arnt, im not sayin im pr0 at driving because im not, but i wuldnt say i was your average "newbie" so stick to the topic please instead of critisising my driving when you havent actualy driven with me B)

You sound like your right up your own arse dave :)

You sound like your right up your own arse dave :)

Yeah i was thinking that.

As Good as you think you are now , you've got loads to learn and its not stuff like " Look i can do a Rolling burnout for 1/2 a mile " . Theres soooo many dickheads on the roads who usually drive around in cars they can't handle and end up crashing into you.....

perhaps your right i will crash, in which case ill let you all know and you can laugh at me  :)

Aslong as you're not dead.

Remember, if you crash you could easily take out some innocent bystander, and you don't want to live with that for the rest of your life. Don't drive like a dick and become another statistic.

I really like my 306! It handles really nicely and I can get 3 bikes and 3 people in it no problem. It is a 5 door but who actually cares? A 5 door car is more practicle, and you cant see the outside of the car when your driving it anyway!

I have specifically asked my dad to get me a 5 door. I don't care what car i get, as long as its a 5 door, and i don't mind if i dont get a 306, but i would love one. Will only be getting a 1.3 too, 'cause i want it practical, but i will be adding things to it over time, once i become a better driver and it can safely say it wont be in a scrap yard the week after because of my lack of driving knowledge.