Good Street/park Bmx Frames..

David

Well Ive been slightly bored/annoyed with trials recently so today I decided to go on my bmx to the skate park for the first time. I really enjoyed it and it made a break from trials... Im currently riding a huffy trinity and its not that good (weighs like a tank) Baiscally im going to build up a new bmx from scratch, im not too bothered about weight as I can handle it and im pretty smooth! Anyone got any suggestions for a nice frame to mainly use at skate parks? I will probably buy second hand depending on costs...

Thanks,

Dave

Ive noticed a lot of riders run their stunt pegs on the left hand side... I am assuming this is because of the crank/sprocket being on the other side?? It feels more natrual to me to have them on the right.. Will the cranks get in the way??

Ive noticed a lot of riders run their stunt pegs on the left hand side... I am assuming this is because of the crank/sprocket being on the other side?? It feels more natrual to me to have them on the right.. Will the cranks get in the way??

Not all the time, if you miss a grind or something then yes you may hit the drivtain but I hit my sprocket even though its on my none grind side.

If you can find a left hand drive bmx go for it, it may cost a bit more.

The '06 Four Seasons and Thrillseekers are coming with cassette hubs, 25:9 gearing, and loads of other goodness. Ones to watch B)

Frame-wise, there are loads of decent ones out there. You're best off trying out different TT length bikes though to get an idea what you want, first. The Parkinson's awesome. If you wanna better review of it than that, go to www.alansbmx.com and check out my review in the "Super**** Parkinson US BB frame" thing. Also, RideUK's website has a bike review section in it with archives of their past reviews. Good reading :P

I grind right-side and have RHD, but that's mainly 'cos I can't be bothered to change it. I've hit my sprocket once or twice, and dinged my chaintug trying icepick stalls/grind on boxes, but that's about it. Nothing major, and nothing that a little skill wouldn't sort out (Y) Either way, if you get a complete, you're probably gonna upgrade stuff on it, so you'll probably upgrade the cranks/wheels anyway, meaning the coast is clear for LHD, should you desire it.

The Federal Foundation's a really nice starter bike though, mine did me pretty well. Just kept upgrading stuff and it rode pretty nicely, and was still light (Y)

Check the BMX FAQ thread too for more BMX'y stuff :P

Any idea on release date?

I would also be interested...... Any idea of price?

You could just look on alansbmx like Mark said to

But seeing as you seem to be lazy and want it on a plate the alansbmx website says the new wtp range is in stock on 05/09/05 and all the prices are found on the link above.

I have been looking at the '06 four seasons myself...