Girl Sponsorship

Dai the Socket

Girl A has just got sponsored by Company A.

Company A sells a product for £1600.

Generally their sponsored people get 35% off stuff. All male riders got 35% off. When they were the best in their competition(s).

Girl A doesn't. She underachieves and doesn't promote the company particularly well, apart from entering competitions which she doesn't win in, which she doesn't want to enter.

Yet. Company A still knock her £1000 off their best product. That's better than all the Male equivilents.

Discuss.

Mate don't get bitter. Its just due to the fact theres not that many good women in the sport...

Lol I'm trying not to (Y) Nah. Erm I know that and go for it, girls getting sponsor'd is ok etc. Just how come they get like 2 x the discount that lads do, so I found out last night.

Seems a tad unfair to be honest.

which girl rides for koxx then? (Y)

Sooo many sarcastic answers to that (Y) :P lol

I dont think its fair regardless, even if it was against the woman, id still say it wasn't fair. But like thingy said above its promoting girls into trials.

Lol I'm trying not to (Y) Nah. Erm I know that and go for it, girls getting sponsor'd is ok etc. Just how come they get like 2 x the discount that lads do, so I found out last night.

Seems a tad unfair to be honest.

Does sound rubbish if thats the case. But maybe people should be working out there sponsership deals better?

i would sponsor girls more than boys.

A= girls have less of a big head about things

B= there are less of them in the sport

C= there needs to be more companies with girls sponsored look in mags and brochures you all like to look at women in kit and stuff dont you????brings out the bumps and lumps in gals. (Y)" :P (Y)

Waynio.....................

just my opinion on the matter. but i deffinatly see it as that kind of thing. too many boys and not enough gals.

girls are easier to sponsor for the fact that there arn't that many in the sport and when they ride everyone will notice for the fact that they are girls so it is good advertisement for the company its just sometimes the way it goes and i think that it is good to see more girl riders in the sport anyway. (Y)

i think although it doesn't seem fair it is actually completely fair. (Y)

they both do the same amnount of coverage for the company don't they? i mean, if u see an awesome rider you notice them more than an average rider so the sponsor gets the level of coverage they want.

If you see a girl riding you immediately notice her because there's less girls riding than guys, so u notice the sponsor as much as you would if she was a feckin awesome rider. (plus there's always the fact that a guy will notice a girl rider to see if she's fit/hot/f**kin gorgeous as well (Y) )

i think it's basically how the company see's the riders as a tool for making money. the one's with the most attention get the most money off.

plus there's always the fact it pushes the midrange level sponsored guys to get as good as the awesome riders, get better = more money off. i wud see that as an insentive (sp?) if i was a sponsored rider.

sorry for the long(ish) post

Girl A has just got sponsored by Company A.

Company A sells a product for £1600.

Generally their sponsored people get 35% off stuff. All male riders got 35% off. When they were the best in their competition(s).

Girl A doesn't. She underachieves and doesn't promote the company particularly well, apart from entering competitions which she doesn't win in, which she doesn't want to enter.

Yet. Company A still knock her £1000 off their best product. That's better than all the Male equivilents.

Discuss.

hmm i think i know who your on about nick but anyway (Y)" .

girls dont have to be as good to do as well in comps. i dont mean to offend anyone here but take lois morgan,she competes at world level yet shes sometimes enters tike trial at intermediate level. my mate also used to enter intermediate and now rides expert. he used to beat her everytime considerably but yet hes not sponsered . lois rides in the worlds and does well but can only enter inter at local trials comps when put against the boys.

the level at girls is alot lower( again no offence ) but they atract attention to the company and the sport more than a lad of the same level of riding.

what i dont understand is what nick is saying. i have to agree with him. i cant understand why a girl who doesnt do well at comps gets sponcered by monty while there are lads at the top of the sport and still dont get sponcered, it makes very little sense

Having 1k knocked off their bike isn't hurting anyone, I couldn't give two arses who rides what bike, and how much it cost them. At the end of the day, i have my bike, they have theirs and everyone is happy.

If someone is sponsored, good for them, they must have earnt it somehow and it makes a nice talking point.

If someone isn't sponsored, then so what, i'm sure being sponsored doesn't suddenly make riding super ace and loads more fun.

Annnnnd, if by any chance this sponsor is 'Monty' *ahem* then their prices are waaaaaay to high anyway, so knocking 1k off probably still got them a profit.

I think everyone should just ride and have a laugh, and let people get on with it.

Noone's sponsored soley for their riding ability, it all depends on how well you can promote the company. As people have said earlier people notice female riders more so are going to give more promotion than a male rider of the same or possibly higher level therefore she deserves the extra discount as she gives the company more coverage than male riders.

As for the comp riding what the hell has that got to do with it? You don't have to be a top dog at comps to get sponsored in trials surely (Y)

Noone's sponsored soley for their riding ability, it all depends on how well you can promote the company.  As people have said earlier people notice female riders more so are going to give more promotion than a male rider of the same or possibly higher level therefore she deserves the extra discount as she gives the company more coverage than male riders.

As for the comp riding what the hell has that got to do with it?  You don't have to be a top dog at comps to get sponsored in trials surely  (Y)

yes but if they not good at comps they gona have to be good at street and sorry but i cant think of a girl who is good enough at street to get a sponser. even my poor level of riding its probably better than most girls levels of street in the world. they just dont have the strength for it, so comp riding is the only place they can shine.

yes but if they not good at comps they gona have to be good at street and sorry but i cant think of a girl who is good enough at street to get a sponser. even my poor level of riding its probably better than most girls levels of street in the world. they just dont have the strength for it, so comp riding is the only place they can shine.

Yet still they'll be much better promotion-wise than you would be for them.

Your level of riding compared to theirs is irrelevant really, as I said earlier in my post it doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with that, it's promotion that the company wants not just a good rider.

Yet still they'll be much better promotion-wise than you would be for them.

Your level of riding compared to theirs is irrelevant really, as I said earlier in my post it doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with that, it's promotion that the company wants not just a good rider.

oh no dont get me wrong, i understand that ( dont wana sound bigheaded im only using my self as an example) a girl of my abilty would stand more chance of getting sponsered that me as she is a girl. but i disagree you should just sponser a girl just because shes a girl.

oh no dont get me wrong, i understand that ( dont wana sound bigheaded im only using my self as an example) a girl of my abilty would stand more chance of getting sponsered that me as she is a girl. but i disagree you should just sponser a girl just because shes a girl.

Why not? If she's going to get the company the promotion they want/need then where's the problem?

[Pisses Himself]

All I can say is that if being sponsored by 'Company A' means a 35% discount on bikes and parts etc... They're having a laugh!! 35% takes most parts to trade price... which means thats not even the price the companies pay, its the price the companies sell their products to the dealers at!!

Still making the same profit, and getting advertising.

[/Pisses Himself]

Having 1k knocked off their bike isn't hurting anyone, I couldn't give two arses who rides what bike, and how much it cost them. At the end of the day, i have my bike, they have theirs and everyone is happy.

Exactly.

Why should i need to care that some girl on some team has got a cheap bike? How is it in any way going to effect me and life. It isn't.

I may meet her one day, and she will tell me she got it for half the price anyone else can get it for, but i still wouldn't care. I also wouldn't care if i was better then her.

I really don't see the issue at all.