Girl Sponsorship

Dai the Socket

I'm happy for anyone who get a good deal for riding their bike. It doesn't effect me in any negative way.

However the point of sponsoring certain riders is to promote the product. You sponsor a guy who rides amazingly while using a product so people aspire to own it because they have seen it beong put through its paces. Or they might want to own it because it may give them a confidence boost or inspiration to ride like the rider endorsing it. I could hardly imagine myself lookin at Girl A riding like a complete spak on Product X and me thinking:

"Wow, if I get one of those I'll be able to ride like that!!!" :ermm:

Dan

Publicity is publicity. Who care about results and 'highest taps', it's all about the promotion. If a company sponsors a girl then they're doing something a bit different. If girls are a minority in the sport then they'll get attention, which is ideal for promoting a product.

As Simon says (ha ha!) why should it affect you? I went out and rode my bike, and I don't think I'd have achieved any more if a girl (theoretical or otherwise) had not been sponsored.

thats how zoo have their reputation just as dave has said:

However the point of sponsoring certain riders is to promote the product. You sponsor a guy who rides amazingly while using a product so people aspire to own it because they have seen it beong put through its paces. Or they might want to own it because it may give them a confidence boost or inspiration to ride like the rider endorsing it. I could hardly imagine myself lookin at Girl A riding like a complete spak on Product X and me thinking:

"Wow, if I get one of those I'll be able to ride like that!!!"

Waynio......................

and koxx with the likes of 10 world champs etc etc

Girl A has just got sponsored by Company A.

Company A sells a product for £1600.

Generally their sponsored people get 35% off stuff. All male riders got 35% off. When they were the best in their competition(s).

Girl A doesn't. She underachieves and doesn't promote the company particularly well, apart from entering competitions which she doesn't win in, which she doesn't want to enter.

Yet. Company A still knock her £1000 off their best product. That's better than all the Male equivilents.

Discuss.

What He Means

Nadine Staniforth has just got sponsored by Cleanbikes.

Cleanbikes sells a product for £1600.

Generally their sponsored people get 35% off stuff. All male riders got 35% off. When they were the best in their competition(s).

Nadine Staniforth doesn't. She underachieves and doesn't promote the company particularly well, apart from entering competitions which she doesn't win in, which she doesn't want to enter.

Yet. Cleanbikes still knock her £1000 off their best product. That's better than all the Male equivilents.

Discuss. There Nowt to discuss you obvioulsy think your a better rider and think she doesnt deseverve it..

Everyone knows who your on about,and probably thinks your a fanny for posting this topic out of sheer jelously...You wanna get your head out of your arse and focus on your own riding as buk says

Lee

Edited by Lee_Buchanan

Now we've been named I'll respond (thank you Lee).

As Lee well knows, the figures quoted are complete fiction so keep dreaming anyone who's looking for either 35% or £1,000 off - it ain't gonna happen!!! (But that could explain why we get 5-10 people each week looking for sponsorship if that's what they believe.) :blink:

How do we choose who we're going to sponsor? It certainly isn't always for comp results ... we chose Craig Lee Scott, Ben Slinger, Alastair Clarkson and Chris Walker when they were still riding the blue route at TykeTrial comps.

We aim to give the riders support and confidence to help them improve - unlike the person who started this post! :-

tiz all fair and good getting ladies riding....but who wants a lady built like a tiled poo bungalow

but get some fit lady riders 18+ possbly...

knock as much as you want of their kit, in fact dont give them kit, make them ride nakid :blink:

LMAO!!!! lee lad i tell thee your good at doing that shit..............

i still think its more of a model kind of thing.........i think a girl will stand out from the crowd alot more when doing trials.

so what if nadine gets more than anyone else????personally up at the glen last week there was another nice young lady who came along with nadine and the dude i took down into shipley. she felt a bit scared due to their being so many lads about (well what i could gather and after speaking to nadine too) if the girl had loads of confidence and was pulling moves bigger than most lads then she would get more recognised EVEN if she was trying some of the moves most of the lads would sit back and watch.

dont under estimate the power of a woman this topic is all about!!!!! there aint enough in the sport at all in this country so please dont make sarcastic posts like this in which a girl could then be made "spoilt" by getting that little bit more. who cares???? sponsorship nower days in my opinion is thrown around way way way too easily (not by companies like cleanbikes and koxx uk etc etc) smaller companies are making it so that every lad and his dog wants to be sponsored yet its making a mokery of the sport!!!!!no wonder no1 makes any money out of it.

just as an example:

Select bikes have the following riders i think:

James Porter = awesum street rider Zoo Pitbull

Phil Williams = big street rider and good natural rider Echo Hi-Fi (now control)

Nick Goddard = good natural rider and big street rider Echo Control

Neil Tunnicliffe = insane............. Zoo Pitbull

CLS = insane but on 20" Zoo Python

Sam Wheeler = good street rider with style (i think he is sponsored by them??) Zoo Python (used to be echo team)

Rossi = BT raven good at everything he does..........

thats 6 and personally thats alot of people to be sponsored BUT each individuual person relates to each individual bike of the range of zoo (kind of).

Koxx UK sponsor:

Me

Aran cook

Ben savage (also world backed)

James Hyland (also world backed)

but these companies know that they dont need to be giving things away to most people as they are promoted alot by world riders, its just in the local competitions and how well known they are that they can be more recognised for what bike they ride and scuh forth. there fore a girl riding a Koxx bike or riding a monty bike means that when someone looks at what they ride there is a possibility of them buying the same bike............and to see a girl being backed by a company is nooooooooooooooooo bad thing. if my Miss got into it and she got good i would rather help her get good than actually go out myself and train. as i know the girl scene is so much smaller and more chance of her doing better. altho id never really quit or stop riding trials as i have way too much fun doing it...........

sorry for long essay but some people are mis interpriting "Sponsorship"

Waynio......................

i wish someone like martyn ashton or matin hawyes could shed some light on sponsorship as they really know what its about.

What is Martin Hawyes doing these days? Ashton has has range of bikes, so I presume he just deals with them, but what does Hawzie do now? Has he got a normal job?

thats exactly what people dont understand!!!!

Hawzee's job IS trials............Demo's and such forth. but that to some people is their lifestyle and how they earn money.

its only the IDOL style people who will ever be able to use trials as a job......... hawzee and ashton as they were major influences on trials in this country....

people like slinger and danny b even though they are good riders will not ever be able to use "TRIALS" as their job,they will always have to do some thing else to earn money.

Waynio........................

so the moal of the story is sponsorship is good for support but its not worth loosing friends over!!!!!if you aint sponsored it doesnt mean your shit or no good!!!!in fact some people who arent sponsored i would give them my bike any day and say here you go i will support you as you deserve it, such people as bucky and a young lad called lovatt who i ride with alot, also a lad called max who is 12 is getting into it round here really big and its all about enjoying it no one needs to be sponsored FULLY!!!! just bloody enjoy yourself and forget about sponsorship.

• 7 months later...

Could I just ask what made you want to bump up a topic which is a good 9 months old, with a post that has no validity to the topic whatsoever?

I accept that this post itself isn't too helpful but this kinda stuff really does confuse me.

Why bother? Surely you've got more interesting things to do?

I suppose i can see where your coming from, Nick, and in the aspect your are looking at i think the best thing would be to just sponser girls/boys equally with the same amount of discount, extra service etc. (Y) But as Danny said, the girly's get noticed more due to the fact that... wait for it... they are girls! :P So, therefore, promoting the company and products more.

Cheers,

Joe.