New Leeson Frame Design

Matt Burrows

Another lovely Leeson (what else would expect though!) - and very unique! Im loving that colour! I wonder if you can get "normal" Leesons in that colour too?

Ill have to get Mr Leeson to explain how the bump thing works when I go down to pick my bike up - I cant follow it at the moment!

On a side note, my fluid is in the jig at the moment waiting to be welded and then its off to the painters, so hopefully in less than two weeks I should have it!! B) :P

~Gaz

its good to see things like this happening,, and i LOVE leeson bikes...for being simple, original and steel,,,

BUT!

i really dont think the headtube is needed ,,,still if you really dont want gussets then yeah its good..

If it helps, I had a quick paint session and knocked up what I think it is. Feel free to correct though if I've got it completely wrong B)

In cross section:

gallery_40_171_33693.jpg

Not to be confused with Internal/Integrated headsets, which are something completely different and equally confusing...

Thanks Tomm. Thats pretty much it, although im not sure if the elastomer goes all the way up the headtubes, think it might just be at the ends.

Another lovely Leeson (what else would expect though!) - and very unique! Im loving that colour! I wonder if you can get "normal" Leesons in that colour too?

Ill have to get Mr Leeson to explain how the bump thing works when I go down to pick my bike up - I cant follow it at the moment!

On a side note, my fluid is in the jig at the moment waiting to be welded and then its off to the painters, so hopefully in less than two weeks I should have it!! B)  :P

~Gaz

I'm afraid the paint is a one off :P". Hope you like yours when you get it.

Looks interesting Matt, I will have to get out on a ride with you and Steve soon and try it out!

Im not sure if its worth the effort or if it will help explain it but do you think you could strip the 'bump' headtube down and take some pics of the elastomer system?

Yes you will (Y). I will take it apart and take some pics soon if I get time.