More About Leesons

the_soon_to_be

ok well i am hopefully buying a leeson frame that is ck only, i have a HOPE xc rear hub and was wondering if it will need milling down to fit the frame.

well, i am wanting to use a front disc brake, but i love the pashley forks, what are good forks to use on a leeson stock frame that will ride like pashleys but have disc

last i am going to use easton ea50 bars, what would be the best stem to use

gaz....

ok well i am hopefully buying a leeson frame that is ck only, i have a HOPE xc rear hub and was wondering if it will need milling down to fit the frame.

well, i am wanting to use a front disc brake, but i love the pashley forks, what are good forks to use on a leeson stock frame that will ride like pashleys but have disc

last i am going to use easton ea50 bars, what would be the best stem to use

gaz....

clive can make the dropouts to fit a hope xc

steve has some pashley with a disc mount that clive added! leeson forks are the same geo as pashleys too.

depends what rise/length you want on your stem :ermm:

leeson forks are the same geo as pashleys too.

Leeson forks are straight blade adn the pashleys have a sweep.

What's the current waiting time for a 609 frame?

A little under three weeks if its just a plain 609 (no discs or bump headset).

Gaz, I'm selling some pashleys aswell if you want them, I'll send you a PM.

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

Phone Clive and ask him for the inserts for the 360dropouts to fit a Hope XC and he'll knock some up for you I'm sure. As for forks, while you're on the phone to Clive you could ask him for some Pashleys with a disk mount too (Y)

A little under three weeks if its just a plain 609 (no discs or bump headset).

Mine took 10...

Yeah but it lengthens your chainstays somewhat B)

Or shortens them depending on what your chain is like... I would say that on a 609, the stays could be shorter (ie you could move the wheel "in" to tension), without changing any of the design - There's a fair bit of space between the edge of the tyre and the BB. So I think you could make the stays shorter, but I don't know how much that would help - obviously there's an optimum length somewhere. Either way, whether the stays are 375 or 385, you probably won't notice...

Having said that, I like the 360 dropouts. My wheel never moves and the tension is fine.

if you like pashleys, but want a disc mount, get clive to weld you one on.

need a bit more strength, and weight go for tuning forks, mine have lasted me a good 3 years and still going strong.

waiting time is anywhere between 2 months and 2 weeks, depends on how busy he is, and how good your blagging skills are.

if you want some better answers, ring clive, hes the man to talk to, as he does it.