Are Long Frame's For Street Or Natural?

James Hart

I don't know. I always thought long frame's were for big people (like CLS is huge so he has 1045 wb. Phil Williams is even bigger and has a howge echo :blink: )

People say that natural is for LONG bikes, but i don't see it really

Edited by PaRtZ

Typically long frames are used for natural, at like pro level. And short frames are gennerally prefered for streety street due to thier more flickable nature. But yeah its all personal preference you can do either on either.

Nah, short (stock) bikes are definitely not as comfortable on natural as something a bit longer. If I rode only (/any) natural, I would probably get a longer bike. That's not to say I would get a 1100wb barge, but I do think a bit of extra length helps more on natural stuff.

Long frames have very little to do with your height though, it's just how you ride. If you want to do long bike stuff, get a long bike. Unless you're really small/weak and can't handle a very long stock bike, in which case you should probably be riding mod anyway :blink:

Nah, short (stock) bikes are definitely not as comfortable on natural as something a bit longer.  If I rode only (/any) natural, I would probably get a longer bike.  That's not to say I would get a 1100wb barge, but I do think a bit of extra length helps more on natural stuff. 

Long frames have very little to do with your height though, it's just how you ride.  If you want to do long bike stuff, get a long bike.  Unless you're really small/weak and can't handle a very long stock bike, in which case you should probably be riding mod anyway :blink:

but why do you fine longer better for natural? people always say longer is better for natural but i never hear reasons ....

They're generally more stable on wonky edges and stuff. Easier to balance. Also because in natural your run-up is often limited, a bike you can tap/roll up stuff easier is better. And we all know long bikes are better for tapping etc. Also long wheelbase bikes usually have a slacker head angle which again means better for rolling up stuff/tapping.

I think you can ride a short bike very well on natural, you just have to ride it in a different way to a long bike. Short bikes are more flickable which is good in tight sections.

The long bike does help with wheel swaps and stuff like that.

I still cant ride my control as well as I could my zebdi in natural comps after 6 months.

You could argue that long bikes are for "moves"

Also I think the shorter wheelbase helps you with knowing wheel the wheels are.

Edited by JIX

I have always associated long frames with natural and short frames for street, as short bikes are easily manouverable for tricks such as manuals and spins as well as bunnyhops. Long bikes on the other hand are better for front touching, wheel swapping, bridging and any other competition techniques.

I think longer bikes are more sturdy because you sit higher up on them and so suit natural more where things may be loose or non regular with a knarly edge, a shorter bike suits more street becuase you can throw them about more and will manouver more. This is just a genrall thing though.

im only around 1065cm~ish - a ver little dude on a LONG bike

im riding a pitbull 1090

some may tihnk im crazy, such a small dude on a long bike

i ride natural most of the time since street is pretty crap around the area - too many cops but not much good stuff anyway

i love my bike, its a tad long so i CANT pull up ie bunnyhop or to manual

but its great in the skatepark, just rip it all up

i can almost manage 360s now on a good day - im happy though some may think its nothing - but in my own eyes, im happy a little man like me can pull it off on a bike as tall as him

on a bad day, i cant even land a 180 -___-

whatever frame - long or short

they are great for either street or natural

it is entirely personal preference - but i definitely think the long frame is the way to go

in the end - its trials after all

is long, is good

Edited by will4eva7k

its purely for both its just that in the last few years we have seen some more of the longer frames become more and more popular (which i hate to say as i used to be completly short bike orientated) but the now "pure" bike is more of a 1050/1070 wheelbase bike as that seems more of the norm as well as there being bikes at 1100 and more............

Waynio.....................

it is also down to personal preference too.............most people will say "oh i cant ride that long bike" yet that is the bike that they will improve on so much. (if they stick with it) people who dont give things a chance will never get anywhere........ you have to give things time to get used to and adapt to different things on long bikes.

as it has been said before - its purely down to personnal preference and how you ride! I prefer short bikes because they are flicky and easy to move around, but at the same time - i know if i moved to a longer bike i would find certain moves easy.

you can ride short/long bike for street/natural, but just ride it. i regurlary ride my 24" on natural and most people consider it a 'street' bike.

mike

So what have we established in this thread, that the length of your bike is down to your own riding style and personal preference?

Who wins the Captain obvious award then?

i mean Local fat-man jack barnes has a wheelbase of around 1020 and around 45psi in the tyres, and can sidehop around 50", backwheels around 55" without bumps, and can gap 10foot flat to flat.

He can then get on my old echo control (R.I.P) with a wheelbase of 1070 and pressures of around 15psi, and bunnyhop 360 off of stairs, spin like a f**king spin-top, and manual forever.

:huh:

Edited by Fishwog

No, t'was sold, i have given up trials, just thought I'd put RIP :huh:

Ummm, it is in a local town, it's a bunnyhop not pedal blunt, will have to get the camera down there, i rarely go down there now as i ride BMX and am at the skatepark most days..... have you seen his promo trailer I made a while ago?