I Know It's Been Asked Before But......

Nick Dale

Right ok i am thinking about getting a ENO freewheel(72EGP) to go on the new bike but i can also have the profile....i want the pro's and con's of both please and if you kno the links to any topic's about it all then please post the link as im in a bit of a rush (Y)

If i go for the ENO i will be getting a brand new monty from cleanbikes and if i get the profile i will be getting a 4month old monty ti05 with koxx rims and CC tyre's.... the profile hub is 4month old also looks in good condition (the whole bike) let me know your view's please as im stuck (Y)

Thanks alot Nick....

profiles just more stiff i think

ive had both but i just trust my profile more and im glad i got it

mine was second hand from bongo and i dont know how long he had it for but it hasnt skiped once where my eno did sometimes

profile (Y)

i was going to post the exact same question! the difference is i will own both soon....i currently have an eno but am buying a profile hub, either to go on my mod or on another project

i dont mind which goes on the project though, i just want the best for the mod....the eno has skipped a bit, but overall its alright-hasnt the profile got less engagements?

I have ridden on a bike with a profile (zoo python) and a bike with an eno on it (monty 221ti) and i much prefer the profile hub over the front freewheel setup. I can trust it more and i arent conststantly worried whether its going to skip or not, get a profile, the limited edition colours are mint too, look on Tartybikes

Gonna have to go against these other peeps.

I've had an eno for yonks, and it's been fine, haven't had a skip for well over 6 months, and never had to service it once.

My mate however (calops up there) had an eno too and his was skip city, and i gotta admit his python rides loads better with a profile.

However, if i was you, and had a new monty, i'd deffo wack my eno on there and forget about it. (Y)

Same engangement points (if you run the ENO on the front) The profile just feels better as it's on the back. I personaly love my ENO. And it's skipping less and less.

so whats jt on about? cos an eno has 72ep and a profile has 48 or something close? so how is running a profile on the rear any different....

It's all to do with gear ratios. As the eno is on the front, you get the 72 engagement points. Whereas if you run a profile on the rear with the standard 18:12 gear ratio, you will get 72 effective engagement points, as you multiply the engagement points by the ratio. 48*1.5 = 72 :P

In the weight option, the profile is pretty heavey then the eno is oversiouly light because its smaller and desighned for trials where as the profile is desighned for bmx and everything desighned for bmx is strong and to be stronger its heaver or something like that.

its a bmx race hub, so it doesnt have to be overly strong........but yeah you are kinda right, all i wanted to know was the actual weight difference....

It's all to do with gear ratios.  As the eno is on the front, you get the 72 engagement points.  Whereas if you run a profile on the rear with the standard 18:12 gear ratio, you will get 72 effective engagement points, as you multiply the engagement points by the ratio.  48*1.5 = 72  :P

ah ok i geddit, so does that still mean id have more ep with the eno if i ran it on the rear? (on a stock)

It's all to do with gear ratios.  As the eno is on the front, you get the 72 engagement points.  Whereas if you run a profile on the rear with the standard 18:12 gear ratio, you will get 72 effective engagement points, as you multiply the engagement points by the ratio.  48*1.5 = 72  :P

so does that mean a king hub, which has got 72ep, when run with an 18:12 ratio would give you 108 engagements?

and when run with a 22:18 ratio (most stock bikes?) it has 88 engagements?

As far as i know, you can't increase the amount of hooks on a ratchet by using a different gear ratio?! :P"

ah ok i geddit, so does that still mean id have more ep with the eno if i ran it on the rear? (on a stock)

Yes

so does that mean a king hub, which has got 72ep, when run with an 18:12 ratio would give you 108 engagements?

and when run with a 22:18 ratio (most stock bikes?) it has 88 engagements?

As far as i know, you can't increase the amount of hooks on a ratchet by using a different gear ratio?! :P"

Yes, but you can increase the number of clicks per revolution of the cranks, which is actually what you're interested in. Think about it (Running 18:12 for simplicity's sake):

When your cranks go round 12 times, the rear sprocket turns 18 times, agreed?

I.e. for every revolution of the cranks, the freehub moves through 1.5 full revolutions (540 degrees). So it clicks 1.5 times as many times :P

hey, i have ridden on a bike with a profile and i personally prefer my eno . . i mean yeah, it does skip now and again but because its goes straight to the next engagement, you dont even feel any movement . .you just hear it :P"

so yeah, i reckon that you should just save the money (like 70 odd quid) and just get an eno :P

It's not the money factor i ran a profile for a fair while and in that time i kept thinking about going over to a eno....im not a weight pussy so that matter is out of the way....problem being is this....

I have 2 ways to do this whole 'NEW' bike thing,

1. i know somebody selling a 4month old monty ti05, hub is a profile and is the same age as are the koxx rims and that is £750

2. buy a brand new 2004 monty ti and get a eno and keep it standered spec except from the eno....

Views VERY welcome :(